Dog crate cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokinmyownsox

Reaction score
I am going to be getting a dog crate, adding a second level, and adding an x-pen onto it for play during the day. So my question is, I have 2 mini rex's, both under 5 lbs, how big of a crate would I need if they're only going in there at night and while I'm at work?

That is the exact set up I have.
I have a Medium (2'x3') crate with two levels. And during the day, when I'm not at work they have an x-pen they can go in as well.
I have two bunnies, I would guess they weigh about 5 pounds each.

I'll post pictures in a minute

JessicaK wrote:
That is the exact set up I have.
I have a Medium (2'x3') crate with two levels. And during the day, when I'm not at work they have an x-pen they can go in as well.
I have two bunnies, I would guess they weigh about 5 pounds each.

I'll post pictures in a minute
Thank you! I need pictures to give me an idea of how to make the second level. Haha. So many people are telling me I have to get this huge crate but the thing is they'll be out most of the day. I don't work more than 8 hour shifts and my husband is at home all the time right now.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

I have just a sog crate for Horatio when I am out (he is a netherland dwarf so it suits him just fine), and then when he is out when I'm home he gets the whole study.

Dog crates are great! I stuck lino to the bottom of my tray so I could sweep up easy but he could also have some grip. He also has pieces of carpet under he house etc.

I was actually thinking of making a bottom that came up around 2-3 inches on the side so if they got a wild hair up their butt they couldn't fling stuff out of it easily. Now I just need to figure out what material I can do that with easily.

Yeah that is annoying - I was thinking sticking lino up around the sides a bit too? That may work. My mum is currently building a super cage for me without that issues so I'm going to leave it and just do a big clean when we switch. Thankfully he isn't a flinger :p

toyabrooke wrote:
Yeah that is annoying - I was thinking sticking lino up around the sides a bit too? That may work. My mum is currently building a super cage for me without that issues so I'm going to leave it and just do a big clean when we switch. Thankfully he isn't a flinger :p
Mine aren't usually either. Although Chili will fling toilet paper rolls in the water dish. -_- We use toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls and fill them with hay for them for a treat/toy. I'm hoping after getting Chili spayed that she'll stop this tantrum stage she's at. Haha.

Latest posts

Back