doesn't look good! :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
our sweet little castor mini rex "Moose" who we waited weeks for to get well and come to his new home from the Toronto Humane society... we were told that the absesses he was treated for before (a raccoon attacked him as a stray) it might come back. and for the last 4 months we had him (hes 8 months old now) we've been keeping such a close eye on his neck and his incisions and so far hes healed up nicely...

until this week i noticed he had something in his eye, it looks like its growing underneath the lense of his eye. its light brown in colour and over this past week i've been noticing it getting bigger... then a couple days ago he started limping, and when i looked at his foot its ALL RAW. i've never seen or dealt with "sore hocks" before but i don't understand why it would be like that... his other feet are fine and they live in pens, they don't live on a grated floor. he doesn't pick at his foot, and neither does his bonded mate... his limping seems more related to this tumour thing in his eye, it seems more like a nerve problem then the fact that his foot is raw...

now for the last 2 days hes just been staying in his cage, his bonded bun close by his side, he won't stretch out or relax anymore and seems to be in distress.

i booked an appointment yesterday for the vets tomorow at 4 30, its the next available time their rabbit vet is in...

i know you guys for the most part probably aren't vets but have any of you dealt with this before? i'm so worried i'm going to have to put him down....

please keep moose in your thoughts <3
001-24.jpg

i will update tomorrow after the vets..

It's a hard time for being strong, but be strong for your bunny and yourself. Don't think too much in a bad way. I'm so sorry to hear that he has to go seeing vet again. It must be hard for both of you. I hope it's nothing serious and treatable. I'll keep you guys in mind. Praying for the best for Moose. :pray:
Please let us know after the visit.

we just got back from the vets, its a cyst in his eye caused by infected blood poisoning. she assumes that its from his abseses previously.

she gave us an antibiotic. if that doesn't work theres a stronger one she can give. and if that doesn't work, the next thing would be to remove his eye. she said that he will be blind in that eye always, but medication can slow and stop the progression of the cyst...

so he gets twice daily chlor palm, and twice daily eye drops (more like eye creme :S )

just have to take it day by day and see if there's any improvement.

farmerchick wrote:
we just got back from the vets, its a cyst in his eye caused by infected blood poisoning. she assumes that its from his abseses previously.

she gave us an antibiotic. if that doesn't work theres a stronger one she can give. and if that doesn't work, the next thing would be to remove his eye. she said that he will be blind in that eye always, but medication can slow and stop the progression of the cyst...

so he gets twice daily chlor palm, and twice daily eye drops (more like eye creme :S )

just have to take it day by day and see if there's any improvement.
oh thats such good news!!!!! hopefully it can all be cleared up. worst comes to worst you'll just have a winking bunny! lol!

That's a good news. :) With love and time, I'm sure your boy will be back to 100% healthy soon. :) Get well soon, Moose.
:hug:

Back