Does your Bun dance?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Curious how many of you have seen this (may be very common). I've had my bun almost 1 year now and he's about 13 months old - we (he and I) like to play "chase". I chase him around the bedroom - through the bathroom and down the hall back into his pen - he binkying the entire way; the other night he stopped in the hall and just did "wild" binkies all around me - I in turn - jumped in a circle shaking my head (mind you anyone - who doesn't understand the love of buns would think I'd lost my marbles).. We now have done this 3 times - SO much fun to see him look like such a silly guy.. Love when he comes up with "new" things to do.. :p

Teddy likes to do figure eights around my feet and buzz at me even though he's neutered, LOL. Last night he discovered he could jump onto the couch, and proceeded to re-arrange all my clothes-until he accidentally got my skin and I yelled, LOL. It took a few minutes for him to forgive me for scaring him, but at least he didn't mess with my clothes anymore! :p

LOL! I love that!

Bo does it now and then but when he was younger he did it all the time. I also do the binky thing with my head! I know they realize it's a happy dance!

LOL I love it! I "binky" too and Chris thinks I'm insane. I also groom myself (run my hands over my face and hair) when they are grooming.

I also lay down on the floor with them and wiggle my nose while we are watching each other. If I start to wiggle fast, they speed up, if I slow down so do they. I get the biggest kick out of it, I'm easily amused :biggrin2:

You know, sometimes I think that bunny people ALL tend to be amused easily - and I think it's a good thing. We enjoy life and little stuff a whole lot! I'm glad I take the time to whisper to Clover, binky with Bo and do the wiggle nose with Tony..... yes I do that too LMAO!

Awe... Julie, Baxter! is claiming you as his girlfriend!!! :pToo sweet!!! Patrick used give me all of his circles and hums until I adopted Luna for him. Then, he only had eyes forher. I was actually a bit jealous of her stealing my little guy's heart.

Perhaps Baxter!'s extra binky-dance is to impress you as part of his little "mating" ritual. Some times it takes the extra mile to get the girls all wound up on his special lovin'... :p

myheart

Toby does the binkies down the hall when I "chase" him back to the bedroom. I also find myself doing "binkies" and wiggling my nose at Toby when he's loafed on the floor. When he upsets me, I show him I'm offended by sitting with my back to him and looking over my shoulder (showing that I am willing to forgive). I "groom" myself, too. Will thinks I'm nuts, but Toby gets what I am doing. Even if it is speaking Rabbit with a bit of an accent!

Most likely Wiz400, When I first got Baxter! I was pretty convinced he had an ear infection as he would shake his head when he would see me after coming home from work or first thing in the morning; the Vet let me know that Bax was performing a half binky! You learn to read buns, but takes sometime for you to understand the "nuances" of the individual... SO MUCH FUN!

My mom thought Toby had brain damage when he did the half-binkies when she babysat him over Christmas... Then she read the "bunny behavior" binder that I sent along with him and all was well again. I wish that she would have read that first before calling me and telling me that Toby was " 'tarding out". :grumpy:

Why, thank you! :)

It was more amusing hearing my reaction to my mum's call as we are walking around Bronner's, a really big Christmas store in Frankenmuth, Michigan... "BWAH!?" The lady who was making fudge was staring at me while I was trying to talk to my mum. She was looking at me like I was crazy... Eventually, we figured it out and I told mum that she was holding the craisin bag and he was doing mini-binkies around her feet in anticipation. After that, she kept calling me and giving me daily "binky-updates"!

Does anyone else's rabbit do the "happy dance" with their bunny-sitter? Just curious...

Latest posts

Back