Does weather effect rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Just something that made me think today. We'regetting our first big snowstorm today (forcast of up to six inches andthe way it's been coming down all morning I wouldn't be surprised).

Usually when I get up, one of the first things I do is let the rabbitsout. If I don't they let me know they want out by rattling on the cagedoor - loudly. :p They have me well trained. However, today is ratherdark, and it's snowing like mad. Abby and Valuran especially run likecrazy for at least an hour when I let them out. They binkie, tear bunnybutt, toss toilet paper rolls and usually I have to keep a close eye onthem.

Today Abby only came out for one lap around the room, then went back inthe cage to snuggle with Chompers. Valuran is poking around, but ismostly in the cage as well. There is that general feel of hunkeringdown, being cozy and staying in today (for me at least, I abandoned allplans of running errands). Are my rabbits picking up on it too?

You know, Bo has been rather subdued in hisplaytime this week. He's acting normal but not as energeticin his binkies! I wonder if they "quiet down" for winter.... lessenergy use to reserve calories/fat?

Absolutely, I think the weather affects them. I've seen it with my own as well, Stephanie.

I also know that our moods affect them. As we all know, thishas been a very down week on the forum. I hope we're donewith the misery. It's hard to get the folks in mourning overthe loss of their best friends. Perhaps your guys wereresponding to all of the above.

I sure didn't want to leave the house today. After whatFergi, Pam's daughter, Thumper's mom, Cupcake, JimD, and showrabbitshave gone through this week, I just wanted to stay home with myrabbits.

-Carolyn

I did. I called off work, stayed home and slept.

Ok, we've been sick, but it was great to call off! (I only work 2 days each week tho lol)

Like I told Raspberry, I spent some extra timelaying on the floor with my rabbits, just hanging out with them. Abbyand I had a good time grooming each other.

Latest posts

Back