Does this sound like it will work?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
I am in the middle of cleaning Miffy's cage,scrubbing it with 50/50 vinager, cleaning the plastic (the cage sits onplastic to prevent her spray from soaking the wood floor),etc. But I do not need to clean or change the litter, thereare maybe 3 poopies in there and it is completly dry! I eventried moving it from one corner to the corner she was using, well shewent to the other one...ugh! So now I am going to put in herold litter box with litter in the other corner. (she willhave 2 boxes in there, she better use at least one!) here isa pic of it...She has used the new one with the high back a few times,but I am getting somewhat frustrated with her stubborness:X.I just now have to take the hay out of the old box and I think it willput the hay in a brown paper bag for now. For some reason shedoes not eat a whole bunch of hay, it is fresh timothy though.

Does this sound like it will work? Is there something elsethat I can do to get her to use the litterbox again? I knowthat someone has suggested to put her food in there, but I am tooworried about her getting food/woody pet confused then eating foodsoup!:shock:

here is a pic of it...

People will soak up there rabbits pee with apapertowel and place it in the litterbox to probably get like the sentin there, and put her poops in there too and hopefully she will get thehint. Good Luck.

I have not soaked it with a paper towel, what Idid was soak it with some woody pet then put the woody pet back in thelitter box, it may have worked temporarily. It is like she ismad at me for getting her the new litterbox, doggone subborn bunny!

well im sure she'll eventually getit,you said "Is there something else that I cando to get her to use the litterbox again?" so she used itat one point, well if she did and was good wiht it im sure it will kickin again.

In the wild, rabbits willpoop in open spaces, and away from theirdens. From your picture, it is good that you haveyour food in the front and your litter box in the back.But I see you have a second levelabove the litter boxes. MaybeMiffy doesn't like to be cramped in herbox when she goes to the bathroom. Withthe level above her,theventilation of thesmellmight confuseher as to where herlitter is.

I have my food in the front of the cage for Pebbles, and herwater and litter box in the back of the cage. Shecan drink water while sitting in her litter box.

Also some rabbits will stop pooping and peeing in their box if it is too dirty.

Rainbows! :)

That makes sense except for the fact that withthe old litterbox, she always used it. Of course there were afew little poopies here and there, but she did use it for theurine. The old one is just a regular smaller cat litter box,but she had really bad aim and I still had to clean it cause it endedup under the box.

She likes the second level (made from extra pegboard), she sleeps upthere all day long when she is not outside in her hutch. Sheeven tries to hide in the litterbox when I try to get her in thecarrier to take her to the hutch.

Like I said earlier, stubborn little bunny!:?

hummer wrote:
The old one is just a regular smaller cat litter box, butshe had really bad aim and I still had to clean it cause it ended upunder the box.
When Pebbles got too big for her litter box and started to pee over theedge, I put her old box into abox with a higher side.........

She doesn't rip that apart? I'd dothat for Loki if it wouldn't turn his litterbox into a chew/throwtoy. I have to get him a high-back litterbox instead.

naturestee wrote:
She doesn't rip that apart?
You can see some chewmarks.:shock:But Pebbles never rips or tosses them.I can easily get replacements when they gettoo tattered. They're just likedisposable litter boxes. :D

Both of my buns are 100%potty trained expect when I let them outside Thumper gets mad and peeswhen I 1st put her back in her cage.It took me 2 weeks or about that topotty train Thumper.I kept putting her droppings in the litter box andshe got the hit finally.I didnt teach fay i just put them in the samecage and fay kept sleeping in the litter box so I had to put 2 in onecage.Finally she just learned from thumper and got too big to sleep inthe other one so I took it out.

Latest posts

Back