Does this seem right?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
I called the vet to see prices on a neuter for my Flemish giant buck Frank and was quoted $57. They said that was for the neuter and anesthesia not including pain medication.

I'm not sure, I asked them if they did rabbits often and she said "we just did one today" they also told me to not fast him or anything and to bring his food and water with him. I love this vet and use them for my dogs they have always had low prices for the dogs so I guess they do for rabbits too. I wonder how much they charge for a female spay?

Might not be too bad. With a spay certificate here in NJ girls are 99, boys are 79, plus exam (60) plus pain meds (100). But its more expensive here than there, so it might be right. And it didn't matter if it was my flemish or my lionhead.
Did you find them from the rabbit.org approved exotic vet list?

OneTwoThree wrote:
Might not be too bad. With a spay certificate here in NJ girls are 99, boys are 79, plus exam (60) plus pain meds (100). But its more expensive here than there, so it might be right. And it didn't matter if it was my flemish or my lionhead.
Did you find them from the rabbit.org approved exotic vet list?

the link is broken on that website for listings of georgia vets.

Those are really good prices. If they are experienced with rabbits, I'd say go with it.

I got Harvey's neuter for $35 plus a certificate.

Sounds like the same procedure I went through. No fasting, food and water was brought with them.

Really good price. Seems very fair regarding how they look at rabbits and dogs. Just like Dr. Joe. And that's really good. It just seems more and more vets are starting to brush up on rabbits. And it's a good feeling to know that the rabbit folks are being recognized.

Wishing you luck with the neutering. If this Vet is anything like Dr. Joe, your bunny will be home and in a few days, it will be like nothing ever happened.

K:)

Thanks! He came through his surgery just fine and everyone fell in love with him. It's not often that such a big bunny comes in. I am completely sure that the girls will get just as good of care with them. I was so happy and suprised my final bill was $57 nothing added on they were telling the truth.

LindseyG wrote:
Thanks! He came through his surgery just fine and everyone fell in love with him. It's not often that such a big bunny comes in. I am completely sure that the girls will get just as good of care with them. I was so happy and suprised my final bill was $57 nothing added on they were telling the truth.

Thrilled to hear everything went well with his surgery. And truly glad to hear you found a good Rabbit Vet. Keeps his word and does excellent work with your bunnies.

Now you can feel safe taking Cotton in.

K :)

Thanks everyone! He healed up so well and is completely his normal self now. Poor guy is kind of skittish and hates being picked up so he has not been a happy camper with me checking his incision every day. :( When can I introduce him to the girls? I'm thinking this bonding will be easy. Both my girls are bonded to each other and are babies I think Frank will love them, I can tell he is lonely.

Ok thanks, that should be perfect timing for Pumpkin to get spayed. Are females the same, wait 4 weeks after spay or can you introduce after they are healed. Can Pumpkin still live with her cagemate while she is healing? Cottonball can't be spayed for probably 2 weeks to a month after Pumpkin because she is so much smaller. She will only top out at 5-7 lbs but Pumpkin can top out at 8-10 lbs.

Back