does personality change?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
When did you know your rabbits true personality?During the first year their hormones change so much that I wonder ifyou have to wait until after that year is over to know how friendly orplayful they will be. My rabbit is recently spayed so her hormoneswon't be a factor for long.

I think their personalities change throughoutlife, just like ours do. Nobody is the same person they wereten years ago.

Okay, so that's not the answer you're looking for.:D Mocha isthe only one I had as a baby. She changed when she hitpuberty, a little when I had her spayed, more when she adjusted to herlife with Loki, and again as she became a little older and we moved toa new house with a new routine. She doesn't like that changeand has been pretty resentful.

Hormones can take a while to dissipate, so they'll still be affectingyour rabbit for a few more weeks. But you probably have apretty good idea of her personality right now. Spaying onlychanges behaviors related to sex hormones.

Insightful! and kind of what I was looking for thanks.
Actually I just read the article discussing whether rabbitsare like cats or dogs and it hit home. I am happy with our relationshipthe way it is, I just hope she is. She rules the roost! When she comesto me, and allows me to I pet her otherwise we just co-exist.I guess I just thought she would be lonely without human contact, likea human would be. She interacts with my dog more than me.
ps. I have read and re-read the shy resource, but not much change.
It threw me because shortly after the surgery she would notlet me type on the computer, she kept hopping up on my laptop.... butdon't pet me.. just don't ignore me. :ponder:

Sounds like Sprite! She loves people,loves to mess with me. She jumps on my shoulder and my lapand tugs on my pants a lot. Sometimes she even licks my nose,and she spent a few minutes grooming my eyebrow once. But shegets ticked if I try to touch her.

Latest posts

Back