Does Oreo HAve Snuffles? :'(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OreoTheBunny

Reaction score
I think oreo might have snuffles. We are taking him to the vet today. He has runny eyes (again!) and he sneezes sometimes What are all of the symptoms of snuffles? Will they have to put him down if he does???

"Snuffles" refer more to the symptoms as opposed to the cause.

There are a lot of things that can cause the symptoms of "snuffles"....respiratory infections, allergies, tooth issues, etc.
That's why it's important to have a vet diagnose the problem.

We jet got back from the vet. Good news: he's only 9-10 years old. Bad news: he does have snuffles. We put him on antibiotic. I'm praying that he gets better.

I am also confused. 9-10 is elderly for a rabbit, and snuffles does not mean a bunny needs to be put down. As Jim said, snuffles is a symptom of many possible problems. What antibiotic did your vet give you? What did the vet do to determine that an antibiotic was appropriate? Did the vet look at the bunny's teeth, including back molars? What color is the eye discharge?

Yes, what antibiotic did they give you for him? What color is the nasal discharage if there any?
I will keep you an Oreo in my prayers :pray:

There is no nasal discharge. We put neosporin on the sores by his eyes tht the runnyness caused and we give him Baytril through a syringe 2x a day. I also put a rag on his eye to break up the gunky stuff

Be sure to keep going with the antibiotic's until they're gone-otherwise the symptoms could likely come back-Just a random thing I thought I'd throw out there ;)

To me, the bunny changing its eating habits along with the eye discharge screams tooth root problem. When the back molars are bothering them, they will often stop eating certain foods. Swollen tooth roots are around the eyes and can put pressure on them and the ducts that drain eye liquid away, leading to runny eyes. It could be a tummy ache due to the Baytril though. I would give a non-milk-based probiotic with the Baytril if you can. Many bunnies get stomach trouble from Baytril.

Latest posts

Back