does my bunny want a girlfriend? (LONG post sorry)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyshuman

Reaction score
i have a ~2yo rescued male neutered bun, who is alone for most of the day due to me working a lot. i know that buns that are alone during the day usually do well with mates, but i think my bun may be a bit more of a loner than others.

the reason i think so is that when i'm home(evenings, weekends, etc) he just chills out by himself. sometimes he'll come into the same room to nap, sometimes he won't. if i'm home during the day and try to pet him, he'll get upset as if i'm bothering him by interrupting his relaxation time. occasionally he'll come up to me for pets in the mornings or evenings, but usually he just flops or muffins (what i call the bunny-loaf posture of sleeping) under some furniture. he also shows no interest in a stuffed rabbit toy or most tossing/chewing toys. he doesn't stare at himself in the mirror (something i've heard lonely buns do). he doesn't lick me. when he does play, he explores/climbs or digs on a baby key ring thing. he snuggled up to me once or twice. he's just kinda a chill guy.

i'm not afraid that he doesn't like me, i just think that he may have a more "loner" personality, which would make him less suitable for dating. he likes to run circles around my feet in the morn, do acrobatics on the carpeted area, and race up and down the hall. he'll tooth purr when i pet him, and sometimes nudges me for pets. i think he is a very happy bunny.

because of his personality, however,i think that maybe he isn't well suited for having a girlfriend. i don't want to get another bun "just because"--i'd only get one to be his friend. he's totally free range in my apartment, and i just couldn't do the caged thing for a long period of time (ie if i got a bun that didn't get along with him. i know i'd have to do it some during the bonding process). also, i'd have to talk to the landlord about having another bun--the lease only specifies one. i think they'd be ok with it.there are some rescues nearby with eligible ladies, so the availability of a gf is not a concern. i just wonder if he would be interested in one.

thanx for reading this super-long post and please let me know your opinions!

here's a pic for funtimes and as a prize for finishing the post! (he's being a bunmuffin and is upset that i bothered him)

bunny1015.jpg

Hi!

It very well may just be his personality, but my Cleo sounds exactly the same, but she loves Phinn (my other bunny)

I suggest taking him to a shelter and letting him meet some bunnies, and go on some bunny dates, to see if he is interested.

He sounds like a spoiled boy!

He is sssooo cute! I love his coloring.

It wouldn't hurt to have a few dates just to see how he responds. You also have the WI HRS in Madison and they do a good job with dates and have a good eye for knowing if couple would work out.

[align=left]ok! sounds like a good idea. i'll contact the local HRS to see if they have any eligible girls and set up dates sometime--at least once my life has gotten a bit more manageable! not only am i new to the board, i'm new to this state, city, job, etc! poor tony will have to keep himself company for a little while longer, while i figure out if another rabbit is in the cards (financial, landlord, etc).
[/align]

Latest posts

Back