Does it get better?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Ok so I lost my sweet (ok so wasn't sweet) Mace, we had to put our dog down, and a number of other small things and some big ones.

Now? I talk to my mom last night. My step-dads grandmother is in the hospital and it doesn't look like she will make it.

She is more than just my Dads grandmother. He met her later in life but to my family she has been there longer. She was a good friend to my great-grandma who passed away 18 years ago. Growing up so many of my first memories are wrapped with the woman. Some of my best ones are with her. She has been part of our family since my mom was a young girl.

She was a strong woman who NEVER sat in the back seat. She didn't care who you are she would besitting up front. She wears makeup that would put a clown to shame. A couple of years ago she lost one of her sons and her strength just left her. I feel like honestly she doesn't want to live anymore so she won't put effort into staying.

I'm not sure that it gets "better".

There are some very good times and there are some very difficult times in life. The difficult times help us to better appreciatethe good times.

Keeping your family in my prayers . . .

Pam

pamnock wrote:
I'm not sure that it gets "better".

There are some very good times and there are some very difficult times in life. The difficult times help us to better appreciatethe good times.

Keeping your family in my prayers . . .

Pam

Thanks. She is one of the last links to so many good memories. Those memories are just pure childhood joy. It was before the big bad world entered my life.

That part is so very true. I will keep telling myself that.

Ali, it's been a rough time for so many right now. I dont' know what is going on :(

It's so hard to lose so many! With the grandmother, although it's still such a sad and difficult thing to go through, remember she's had lots of people who loved her for a long time and that is something to be happy about. So many people don't have that and die lonely and sad.

How old is she?

:shock:Ask her how old she is??? She would bite my head off. :biggrin2:She is according to my grandmother well into her 70s if not 80s. Shehas lived a very long life and raised manykids her own, others and some of her grandchildren.

I'm sorry to hear about your great grandmother. I know how veryimportant someone like that can be to you. Cherish your memories. Seems like so many are going through tough times... Hugs to you...

(Wish I had something concrete to offer... we lost the Matriarchof our family (Richie's grandmother) 4 years ago.. she was 100 years old... and I still miss her terribly. Everyday...)

Latest posts

Back