Does intuition have anything to do with mating?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
So what I want to know is, does Fergi know thatBen is not able to perform because he is to young? We have let themmeet a couple of times because we plan on bonding them after Ben isneutered, and every time Ben tries his hardest to mount Fergi and theonly way she will let him is from the side or on the head, anywhere butnear her rear. So is this because she does not see him as a suitable"donor"? Just curious about what goes on in those cute little bunnyheads :p

Fergi's mom

It could be a number of things....theseason....her mood....etc. Or maybe she just doesn't find Benattractive. ;)

Yes us women are picky things!LOL Even when Henry's trying to mount her head, Max'presents' herself to him... she must really love Henry! I'llneed to get Henry neutered soon so that I don't have to keep pullinghim away from her every time he goes too near her rump. :?

It's very funny to watch two inexperienced bunnies trying to "court" each other.

I've discovered that two first timers may need a little assistancegetting in thecorrect possition, and staying there....otherwise there'll be nothing but a lot of mess happeningeverywhere. If I'm trying to breed a first timer, I usuallyput him/her in with an experienced partner to teach them the rightways...lol.

*Use a bit of caution though* - if the girl is definately NOT in themood, or not having the best day - she may bite his "member" when he'sgoing at her head. I've heard / witnessed too many of thosehappening, not a pretty site and poor boys! --- but sometimes it's thegirl going at the boy's head and the boy will bite the girl if he'sconfused... so use caution both ways.

~Sunshine

Eek! Poor boys! That soundswell painful! Max wasn't in the mood for his playingyesterday and was running away and thumping so we put him back and lether calm down. Poor wee girl! He's such a big brute!

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
It's very funny to watch two inexperienced bunnies trying to"court" each other.

It sure is. My buck had never "courted" anyone but....me! (annoyinglittle stinker!)When he met his real mate, he was very confused.

Not for long though! She had NINE of his babies!

Rose

P.S. the funniest part was the second mating after she was pregnant.She said NO WAY! and he was so sad. He kept running back and forth fromher to me, doing the little "bunny circle dance" around each of us inturn.....hoping one of his "girls" would respond!! We both shoved himaway, poor "Romeo"!

Latest posts

Back