Does anyone use this litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
Jason and I picked up a bag of litter at the Tractor Supply. We were looking for the Equine Fresh, but our store didn't have them. (Unless that's something you have to ask for, instead of it being out on the shelf.)

We did come across "Cozy n Fresh." It is a kiln-dried, pelleted pine litter, and the bag says it has carbon for odor control. We decided to try it, as it is half the price of PetsMart's store brand version of Feline Pine.

Opening the bag, it looks similar, maybe a little smaller pellet size, but I'm a little put off by the smell. It smells....I don't know, just different than the Feline Pine. I'm used to a strong "sawdust" wood smell, which I really like, but this just smells different.

Here is the website for the Cozy n Fresh: http://www.planetwiseproducts.com/cozynNp.htm

It seems to be made by the same company that makes the Equine Fresh. I'm not concerned with the rabbits eating it, as they never ate the Feline Pine. They also won't come into direct contact with it, as they have the grid in their litterbox.

I just want to make sure this is safe.
Thanks!

Thanks! I did check the package to make sure it was kiln dried before we bought it. (There was a horse bedding there, as well, but the package didn't say anything about being kiln dried; I don't remember the brand name.)

It's not as inexpensive as some have reported with the Equine Fresh, it comes in a 20lb bag and was $5.99. But we've been paying about $12 for a 25lb bag of Feline Pine/Exquisicat, so it's still "half price" for us.

I just noticed the smell was different. As long as the bunnies don't mind the different smell, I guess it's ok.

Latest posts

Back