Does Anyone Use Kay-Kob Litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JjGoesBounce

Reaction score
I've got a bag of Kay-Kob litter pellets. They're corn husks turned into litter box safe pellet type things. They're super absorbent. I had two rabbits before that used it and I'd really reccomend it, but I'm not totally sure if it's ok.I'm just a bit worried about giving it to my new rabbit. So does anyone currently use it and what do they have to say about it?

If you haven't heard of it or want to know more like me, I guess this is the place to be?!

Jj

I used that type of litter for Buttercup when he young. Not good he ate too much of it and put on alot of weight.

As they are not suppose to have corn I would say no, unles you can cover it with a screen that way the bunny can't get at the litter.

Susan:)

I'm allergic to the dust in kay-cob.. but I used to use it for my gerbils before realizing it made my throat close up and eyes burn.. I'd suggest what Susan said, if you do use it, keep it out of eating-reach. For bedding I use Good Mews cat litter which is like $5 for a 20 pound bag and I don't have any reactions to it, nor does my bunny try to eat it.

Ok! Thanks! I did notice my tow rabbits certainly ate it! Great advice!

Jj

Oh wow. I wonder if that's what happened to Aero (RIP) and Thumper (RIP)
Thanks!
Jj

Latest posts

Back