Does anyone know of a good, informative book for breeders?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masseyrabbitry

Reaction score
I have a friend who is thinking of trying his hand at breeding and asked me if I know of any good and informative books he could read. Everything I learned, I learned by asking people and Google, gotta love Google :) , so I told him I wasn't sure about books.

Thanks for your help!

Chellie

The ARBA Standard of Perfection would be a necessary book for anyone planning on breeding for show.

Sorry - let me clarify. He's not sure if he wants to breed for show. He's just trying to learn about it before he starts anything. He's wanting a book that he can buy at a local bookstore, if possible.

Rabbit Production by Cheekeis considered to be the rabbit breeder's Bible. The ARBA Guidebook is also a great resource.

OIC. I have read "Rabbits for Dummies" and it's ok. Not great, but ok. The other rabbit book I like is The House Rabbit Handbook, but that might not apply in this situation :p

Storey's Guide to Rabbit Raising is my favorite. :p Also A Kids Guide to Raising and Showing Rabbits is a good one...it might say it is for kids, but it would make a good book to any beginner. ;)

Latest posts

Back