Does anyone know about these two

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
Dark point siamese or himalyans? Ihave seen some pics of these and I grew up with siamese and himalayancats all my life so I have a huge soft spot for thesecolorings. I am not sure if they are actual breeds or if thecolors are just that, colors that are in many breeds. I guessyou can say that I am starting some preliminary research as to whatbreed of bun to get once we move to New Jersey. Or not even aspecific breed but one with these colorings.

You might get a more accurate response if youask this question in The Rabbitry. They are quite the expertsat identifying colors and some such. I'm not saying therearen't people in this forum that would be able to answer you, but Iknow you would have a much better chance posting your question in theRabbitry forum of this site. :)

My Tinkerbell is a himalayan netherland dwarf. Basically she is all white, with a black nose, ears, feet and tail. :)

You can also get seal point and blue points,which are white with either light brown or blue nose, ears feet andsometimes bottom. That is a popular colour for mini lops here in NewZealand anyway. This is a buck I have who has flyaway ears.

OH MY GOSH! He is just way toocute! Helicopter ears and his coloring! I have beenasking about this as I want to get another bun after we get to NewJersey later this year.

Himalayan and Siamese Sable are both a 'breed' somewhat. There's the breeds Himalayan and American Sable. ;)

Himalayan (the color)com in avariety of breeds.However, sometimes they are called pointed whites but are the same'color' as Himalayan.

Varieties with both 'sable' and or siamese in them are:
Siamese Smoke Pearl
Sable Point
Sable
Siamese Sable
Sable Marten
There may be few others, but I don't have time to look them up rightnow LOL! The variety names vary between breeds. Also theres a 'SmokePearl Marten' in the Netherland Dwarfs but it might have 'Siamese' infront of it in other 'breeds.

Then there's Seals which arethe same 'color' as Siamese Sablebut have dark color that's almost black.

Latest posts

Back