Does anyone have photos of these rare breeds please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debacus

Reaction score
Hi
My daughter is getting married next month and is using table names for her seating plan. She and her b/f are going with their hobbies (rabbits & computing) so for example A is 'Angora & Attenuation', B is ' Beveren & Binery'... she got stuck on I and K and although people on other forums have come up with some breed names we are unable to find photographs (as she wishes to add information about each rabbit breed plus photo on the back of each card)

The (rare) breeds that have been suggested by another person (Chris Humphries UK) are;

IBICENCO Spain is the home of the Ibicenco rabbit with the main population to be found on the island of Ibiza.Locally it is called Conill Pages or Conill Eivissen. A multi-coloured mottled rabbit f 2.2 kg and are considered a rustic breed which is used for meat. Data collected in 1996 showed a rather low population of 1,000 animals and are conidered endangered.

ISABELLA A breed from Sweden & recognised in all scandanavian countried. Basically the same rabbit as the Beige of Europe witht he exception of colour. Isabellas are Blue Torts whereas the Beige, ormally called the Isabella when first introduced into the UK in the late 1920`s.

KABYLEFrom Algeria total population of only 500 breedeing animals in 1990 but in order to develop rabbit meat production the government imported NZW, Calis & Burgundy fawns in the 1970`s which were cossed witht he i=original Kabyle and today it is probably a mixtue of all 4 breeds. Kabyles come in a wide variety of colours small- medium sized , good natured and well adapted to hot Algerian climate

KANEL New breed from Denmark translated to `Cinnamon`. Created by crossing the Thuringer & Havana. First shown there in 2003 mediunm size and choc tort in colour.

KLEIN LOTHARINGER Bred by crossing Nethies with Giant paps and then with English Spots . Recognised in Holland in 1975 became popular overnight weighing in at 3kg or 6lb.10 ozs.

However we have had little joy finding photos, so if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Debs

I wonder if you posted this in the rabbitry if some of the breeders there might be able to help more.

I think the idea of using table names by their hobbies is so cute. I am sure people will have fun looking at all the cute pictures of the bunny's and reading about them.

This isn't what you were asking, but I've been meaning to post this pic of a rare Riverine Rabbit pair, endangered South African breed. Maybe it might lead to another list with the right letters/breeds. But now I'll know where to find it when I need it. ;)

Sorry for the hijack!

1199_270632_470000000.jpg

Amy27 wrote:
I am sure people will have fun looking at all the cute pictures of the bunny's and reading about them.

Computer Science is fun too! The rabbit bias on this forum is outrageous. :nope:

Wow look at those beautiful ears!

1199_270632_470000000.jpg

Debacus wrote:
KABYLEFrom Algeria total population of only 500 breedeing animals in 1990 but in order to develop rabbit meat production the government imported NZW, Calis & Burgundy fawns in the 1970`s which were cossed witht he i=original Kabyle and today it is probably a mixtue of all 4 breeds. Kabyles come in a wide variety of colours small- medium sized , good natured and well adapted to hot Algerian climate

And here's the Algerian Kabyle... a thumbnail at the bottom of the page on the left...

http://www.cuniculture.info/Docs/Magazine/Magazine2005/mag32-038b.htm

And more pics here on page #3

http://ressources.ciheam.org/om/pdf/b38/02600006.pdf

Latest posts

Back