Does anyone have 3 or 4 rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiebunny

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I wanna know if anyone has 3 or 4 indoor rabbits and what it’s like living with that many. Do you find it’s really expensive or is it not much more expensive than having say 2 rabbits? Also what about cleaning? Is that hard? Let me know if you have 3 or 4 rabbits.

I wish I had a trio. I did consider adopting a duo to pair with my bunny but I did find that they were more expensive.

Here is how we broke it down (per bunny):

insurance: £13 a month
health plan: £11 a month
hay: £30 for six months / £5 a month
pellets: £18 every three months / £6 per month (I feed two brands of pellets)
litter: £19 for three months / £6ish per month
toys: £30 every few months / £10 a month (this varies)
grooming: £12 a month

total: £63 a month per bunny

Now, of course, the bunnies would share most of these things, but they’d last less time so that would need to be factored in. The main thing for me was the insurance, health care plan and grooming (so I suppose the maintenance), for one bun it’s £36 a month, so with three it’d be £108 and for four it’d be £144. Wowie 😬

but if money isn’t a problem, having a trio or a quad, seems pretty similar to having a duo to me. They run around together, they sleep together, they eat together, and they’re pretty small, so it doesn’t tend to feel like a big difference (especially if free-roamed). If all the bunnies are litter trained and hay is kept in one main area, cleaning should also be quite manageable. Just hoover or sweep every few days to keep it tidy.

I don’t have a trio (or even a duo, though my bun had a girlfriend in the past) but this is just what I think. hopefully it helps ☺️

I used to have 8 indoors, before I built an outbuilding for them. It wasn't too expensive, but I lived with a vet so vet bills weren't really an issue, I bought hay in bulk from feed store, bought pellets in bulk from feed store, and bought bedding in bulk from feed store. Biggest issue was cleaning. Rabbits poop a lot! And with 8 rabbits even the smallest amount of stench builds up from their litter pans, I would be cleaning them 3-4x as often as I would clean an outdoor rabbit or a single rabbit indoors just to keep down the smell. I would say the costs get progressively lower per rabbit as you get more. Buying things in bulk really does help.

Latest posts

Back