Does anyone else dread Christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always loved Christmas. But this year it's the exact opposite. I cry just by seeing people's decorations outside. With mario gone and me being here alone and working like I am, I just want it to be done with.

Only when people try to push pumpkin pie on my plate. I don't like it any more at Christmas than I do at Thanksgiving.

Other than that, one of my brothers died on Dec 21, 2004. That, of course, makes the holidays very hard.

:groupparty:Hugs you both. The holidays are especially hard for things like that.

If anyone wants to contact me over the holiday period I'm not really celebrating so will be about on here and stuff, and I'm more than happy to chat with others who are not feeling great about it :) my addy is [email protected]

MsBinky will you be spending it with someone? hopefully you won't be alone?

I'm sorry about your brother Leaf, things like that do make this time of year really hard.

And about the pumpkin pie,you should make the people that offer it to you, wear it as a traditional Christmas dish :p

I do. Even though my grandad died 4years ago I still really miss him, even more around this time of year.

It also seems like the older I get, the less I seem to be getting on with my whole family:grumpy:

I think you've just added me to msn Hannah :) I've got you, I am there, but offline. I'm mosrtly always offline, but equally I'm mostly always there,so you can poke me anytime, that applies to anyone :)

I'm sorry about your grandad Hannah. Its hard when it probably spoils your birthday and Christmas all in one. *hugs* And I think it's natural to feel like that as you get older, but then when you get older you will probably get on better with them again (that's what I found anyway)

I dread it because it is so commercial. Everyone expects gifts, I don't have money. But I do have 9 nieces and nephews to get for also my own children. I hate it.

I generally hate Christmas. Today, however, I did have a good experience. My husband and I bought gift certificates good for 4 different restaurants and gave them to our favorite servers at a place we frequent. It wasn't a lot, but OMG they appreciated them soooooo much. Anyway, the restaurant decided to comp us on our meal, so we left a $150 tip for our server (who happened to be our very favorite). Our server, who is a single mom, was crying when we left and said to me "you don't know how much you have helped me." OK, I'm crying now too. I guess there is some Christmas spirit left in this commercial world.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I generally hate Christmas. Today, however, I did have a good experience. My husband and I bought gift certificates good for 4 different restaurants and gave them to our favorite servers at a place we frequent. It wasn't a lot, but OMG they appreciated them soooooo much. Anyway, the restaurant decided to comp us on our meal, so we left a $150 tip for our server (who happened to be our very favorite). Our server, who is a single mom, was crying when we left and said to me "you don't know how much you have helped me." OK, I'm crying now too. I guess there is some Christmas spirit left in this commercial world.

That's really nice of you.

Just me and the pets for Christmas. And now with the possibility of Wiggles not being there for it my heart just breaks. :tears2:

I hope everyone else will have an enjoyable Christmas. And Leaf, special hugs to you.

Yep..it's just me and my two boys...but my older son Anthony will be leaving later on in the evening to go away with his mate and his family....they are going on a house boat for a week.

Since i left my childrens father 7 years ago..we have never really done much for christmas...me and the boys just go to my sisters house for a while,and my mum also comes down to visit :D

And usually when my mum comes down on christmas day,my son Jeremy and his cousin Emma go back home with her for a week...they love staying with their nana because she lives out in the country....so i guess i will probably be home alone christmas evening

Cheryl

I'm hating it because of the stress of buying everyone the perfect gift and everything is so expensive and it just...ahhhh!

XxMontanaxX wrote:
I'm hating it because of the stress of buying everyone the perfect gift and everything is so expensive and it just...ahhhh!
Yeah i know the feeling

I hate it right now. I loved it - especially when my kids were really little, but now it's so commercialized here and it's just so busy. Instead of enjoying friends and family and the joys of the season, I'm stressing over shopping for the perfect gifts, the money it costs, and the demands we have all the while.

*sigh*

Flashy wrote:
Part of me loves it, but that's being overwhelmed by dread, I just wondered if anyone else felt negatively about it?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I hate it right now. I loved it - especially when my kids were really little, but now it's so commercialized here and it's just so busy. Instead of enjoying friends and family and the joys of the season, I'm stressing over shopping for the perfect gifts, the money it costs, and the demands we have all the while.

*sigh*

Those are the times that i really loved the best..is when my boys were little...we used to have so much fun...such wonderful memories.

For some reason,christmas just doesn't feel the same anymore :?

I'm with you on everything you said Bo

Cheryl

Back