Does anyone else do what I sometimes do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal

Reaction score
I want to know if I am the only one....

Sometimes I can't decide which rabbit to let out for run time, so I don't let out either for a while because I just can't decide. If I only have an hour or so, sometimes I will spend so long deciding that most of the time is gone and I have done other things instead because I couldn't come to a conclusion.

And I only have two buns! Imagine if I had a big herd like some of you... if would be even more difficult if I had like 5 or 10 to decide between.

So... does this happen to anyone else or just me? :p

lol, maybe you could let one out first and then the next time let the other one out first.
So they switch off.
I only have two too, just got two baby lionheads.
I dont have a run yet but when I feel like holding them, usually if I held the doe last time then I'll hold the buck. And then the doe and so on...I just switch off :)

I call them doe and buck cause I haven't decided on names...I was thinking about Lea and Aslan...they both mean lion but I'm not sure? lol

haha yeah taking it in turns would be the logical way to go about it :)

Hopefully soon my two will be bonded and then there will be no decision to make!

Is anyone willing to admit that they do the same? :anyone:

When I used to have two boys only I had trouble. I always defaulted to choosing Kirby because he's my boy, but didn't want to be accused of favoritism. Kirby sometimes isn't dying to come out either. So I then let Toby out. LOL no wonder Toby hated Kirby and they never bonded!! When I decide to do the switch off thing sometimes I "forget" to switch and Toby gets mad.

When I dint have much time, I do often opt to let nobunny out so neither one gets jealous though'

I will admit that Rory generally gets more out of cage time than the others, though everyone gets his/her fair share. It's because Rory needs the least amount of supervision and all I have to do is roll Ned's cage into the kitchen (where Rory won't go)!

I have two unfixed rabbits-1 male and 1 female. They live separately but have to be exercised in the same area.

What tends to determine who comes out first is that if Ebony (the larger, female rabbit) is out first then its simple. If however I let Guy (small male bun) out first Ebony will make quite a mess spraying to reclaim "her" territory.

Guy gets very excited trying to find the female bun, its funny ;)

Jo xx

Back