doean't drink out of a water bottle...........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
my rabbit has a water bottle, and she doesn'tdrink out of it, so I gave her a bowl of water. she drinksalot with it. Why doesn't she use her watter bottle?At thebreeders she had a bowl, but wouldn't she be able to figure out thatthere is water in there? I give her water in a bowl and keep her waterbottle abovethe bowl.THANKS!

Actually, many rabbits prefer a bowl to abottle. It's much easier to drink out of a bowl.Besides, you can not use a bottle for an outside rabbit during winteranyway. The metal spout freezes solid in no timeflat. And do you really want her to have to lick metal whenit's below zero?

So stick with the bowl. I like heavy ceramic bowls from petstores. My buns haven't been able to tip them over eventhough they've tried.

How heavy are they? Nanali has some strenght toher throws or will even stand on the rim and tip it up ( nearly hittingher face when it actually flips up). I was more thinking of drillingsome holes in the side and tying it down but that wouldn't work with awater bowl to well and if I got a higher rim to compensate it'd be tootall for her to get her head down in.

Jace wrote:
How heavy are they? Nanali has some strenght to her throws orwill even stand on the rim and tip it up ( nearly hitting her face whenit actually flips up). I was more thinking of drilling some holes inthe side and tying it down but that wouldn't work with a water bowl towell and if I got a higher rim to compensate it'd be too tall for herto get her head down in.
she is a holland lop. maybe two and ahalf pounds.

haha. I was more asking about the ceramic bowls.

I have a bowl like that, but its's too tall for her. ( it's the kind that already has the drilling in it.)

Latest posts

Back