Doe is pregnant- go do I get the kits pedigrees and tatoo info??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg4

Reaction score
My pedigreed mini lop is due in a few weeks and I was wondering how I would go about getting the kits pedigrees and how I know what their ratios need to be. Anything else I need to do for show rabbits? Thanks!!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Do you have a copy of the buck's pedigree as well? You'll need both to fill out one for each kit. There is computer software available to do pedigrees or you can get a pedigree booklet from the ARBA or a bunny supply place. It has blank forms in it that you hand fill out

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Tattoos are up to you. You can put in their name or do some letter and number combination. Some people do the first letter of the does name, the first letter of the bucks name, then a number so the tattoo might be AB1. Others use a rabbitry prefix, then a number, so if your rabbitry is Savannah's Rabbity, you could do SA1. I don't know if there is a limit on the number of characters you can have, but most people seem to do 2-6. Many tattoos are hard to trace, but if you did something more unique it can make it easier if someone wants to trace a rabbit back to you.

For the pedigree you need to take the doe's and the bucks pedigree and you need to take that information and put it into the kits pedigree.I have made up a word document that I enter my information in, it took a few hours to make but it saved me the money to buy a pedigree system. For the tattoo you make that up and you tattoo them yourself. I take my rabbitrys initials and then the rabbit born. So one tattoo might be BA67. This tattoo is unique towards my rabbitry and when people see the tattoo they may recognize it as my lines.

Oops... I meant tattoos not ratios.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Rabbit Forum mobile app

LOL, I was trying to figure out what you meant by ratios! I like to do what Korr and Sophie mentioned. By taking the first letter of each parent's name and then adding a letter or number I can remember who the rabbit's parent's are without looking it up. You aren't really going to be able to trace a rabbit's previous owner unless the rabbit was registered.

Just make sure you don't use anything in the tattoos except for letters and numbers. If you use @#$%, etc. the rabbit cannot be shown. I use the Evan's software program. I just enter the sire and dam's pedigrees and then I can make pedigrees for the offspring from there.

Latest posts

Back