Doe attacking kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Today I cleaned the cages. I took all the babies out and put them together. When i put them back I decided to switch the babies around. I highly doubt this is why since she did it once before I did this but Neena is now attacking the babies if they get out of the box. She has came at me MANY times since she had them but now she is doing the babies! She is not biting or hurting them, just growling, scratching and chasing them. It was just when they where trying to suck but now it is anytime they get out. I have had to put them up 6 times or more. How will she deal when i take the box out?

Opinions - should I take them out and only let them feed once a day or leave it be and hope for the best? I have never had a doe act like this.

I would take them out until she's ready to nurse...then she'll want to see them.

I checked earlier and they where all in the box finely settled down. She is fine when they are in the box but when they come out she attacks, non-biting, like she does to me, like she does to anything I put in her cage.

Heather said she was never that way but she is inside in my room so the setting is diffrent. I have saw sweet rabbits become very mean when brought inside, and the opposite for being sweet inside and agressive outside. I am just hoping she will calm down because I have full intentions of keeping her inside perminantly, but only if she is happy.

She has toys, a fleece "bed", pellets, alfalfa cube and she gets lots of diffrent greens everynight as well as fruit here and there. What is not to like? :/ The dogs and cat never bothers her, however, she is pissed at Becca being loose in my room. After being attacked through the grids Becca stays well away.

When the babies get back out I will see how she acts and if she attacks them I guess I will take them out. I really hate to I believe they need their mother for behavior and such but I do not want them picking up agression.

I took the babies from Nyx for two days while she was getting used to them getting out of the box....now she's ok with them and will lay with them and stuff.

It could just a be a phase - particularly if they're just now getting out of the box.

They are almost three weeks, she is lucky it JUST started. Dillan's babies have been getting out since they where two weeks. Actually I gave Dillan's babies to Neena, as well two of her good marked babies, and Neena's mismarks and the one baby I am sure I am keeping from Neena to Darcy :p

Sounds about right - Nyx was freaking out at first but now she's ok with them.

She does still beg to come out and play though as she's used to several hours of playtime...

I'm sure things will work out. You've got a lot of experience and common sense!

Latest posts

Back