Do your rabbits let you know when it's time to come out?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's elses bun buns arelike mine. I'm sitting in the spare room on the computer, and I canhear one of them - probably Abby - banging the door of the cage rightnow. She gets mad when she sees one of us up and not instantly lettingher out.

It's kinda funny, on the weekends when we sleep in a bit longer, we canher her rattling the door. Now she's got Valura doing it too.........

Hi Stephanie,

Fauna's pretty good about staying mellow, but Tucker's got a Temper!

His most annoying thing to do is to throw his food dish all over thecage. He's a Drama King. He won't stop making noiseuntil he gets attention or is let out.

He's very spoiled and opinionated about how things should go in the house, although he does let me sleep in on the weekends.

-Carolyn

Oh, they know alright :D They actually don't makeany noise or shake on the door (they used to). Now they'll just sitthere, longingly, and I can just feel them staring into the back of myhead. And they're so cute, I can't just leave 'em in there :p

Baby varies. Sometimes she'll just sitthere and look at us with this most pitiful look. If thatdoesn't work she starts trying to chew the wire. Then shewill throw toys or ring her bell until we acknowledge her.

Chernish used to move everything around his cagevery early in the morning, but we tied everything up to the sides ofhis cage. He tried to throw his food dish but its heavy so he can'tlift it up.He still tries to rip his hiding box and litter box from thewall.

Now we just keep his cage door open all the time, so he comes out to play any time he wants.

I don't really think he is spoiled though, since his previous ownersdid not pay much attention to him, its just bunny personality I guess.Very opinionated.

My Angel used to ring her bell every morning so that I would wake up and let her loose.

Guin is a free ranger... but in the morning sheoften jumps up to snuggle with us in bed. She likes it whenit is warm, and if she is really playful, she will give Shawn andmyself face washed.

Gir lets us know when it is time to come out though. Banging,rattling the door, digging, chewing, ringing his bell, and otherannoying procedures.

Perry isn't too bad, and will usually waitpatiently 'til I let him out. But Pernod is a different matter. Firstshe binkies, then if I don't let her out right away, she destroys herbed, throwing hay and straw all over, shredding paper. As soon as Iopen the door, she calms rightdown_ Jan

Ivory just lays in his cage, all scrunched up,with his ears back, looking at me like 'well if you're not gonna let meout, I guess I'll have to sit here and stare at you'

Stitch gets to come out soon as I get up and runsaround the house til time for me to leave for work then she gets to runaround when I get home from work and she pretty much sleeps when Im atwork I guess ehhehe.

But its like if I let her out just a little bit too late then she has ahissy fit bites the cage bars and will look at me as I open the doorthen plop herself down and lay down in her cage and I swear she'sgiving me dirty looks. Then she will look away and put her head downand will NOT leave her cage and will just let it sit there open then Iclose it leave for work and when I get home she will come out but shewont let me touch her for atleast a good 1/2 hour.

Marie

Latest posts

Back