Do your buns play games?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabun121212

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I've only had this rabbit just a month now, she is such a sweetheart and now playing games with me ... I call it the "slipper game". I take my slipper and wing it around her (sometimes she mounts it) but most of the time it gets her so excited that she "bullets" around the room a few times. It's a quick game as after a few rounds of hopping and running she then disappears behind the couch LOL. She's at a point though where I just say to her "want to play slipper" and she will actually run to it waiting for me.

As a newbie to the world of rabbits (had guinea pigs before) have to say rabbits are really great pets and I so lucked out rescuing this one from my neighbor's yard. It just disgusts me the thought of someone letting them go (I caught a Dwarf Angora a month prior who was probably her buddy -- but happy to say she also found a good home) :). This wabbit is really working her way into our hearts and loving her more and more everyday :kiss:

That's so cute. If Q-tip sees her clicker, she'll come waiting for me to give her commands so she can play/learn.

She also likes to play "bed monster". We mess up the blankets and then she hops onto the bed and tries to straighten them out. It's really funny, especially when she tries to flatten out the bump in the bed that is my partner.

When she was a baby, her favorite game was ears, ears, nose. It's like duck, duck, goose, only I'd pet her ears going "ears, ears, ears...." and then I'd go "NOSE!" and she'd stand up on her hind legs so I could scratch her nose.

So yep...this bunnywunny loves games.

Ted, who's been gone 4 years now used to play fetch. I had a wicker ball with a bell in it. I'd roll it across the floor and he would chase it, pick it up, bring it back and drop it so I could roll it again. Never taught him, he just did it--he was fairly old when we rescued him so we don't know if he was taught this or not. He was a very smart rabbit too. He could open drawers and cabinet doors and was a climber---over a five foot wire barricade. And he was king of the sleepers. Nancy had him at school one day when they had a fire drill--loud alarm ringing in her classroom. When the firechief went in to shut it down and reset, he thought that Ted was dead--just asleep as not much ever bothered him.

Beatrix plays what I like to call "Toro!" If I hold up and shake one of her blankies (or a towel, or a scarf, etc.), bullfighter style, she'll run right for it and then under it, pushing it with her face and ears, like a little 4 pound bull. And she'll turn right back around and do it again... until she gets dizzy or you stop. It's absolutely hilarous... and a great party trick for those that don't think rabbits will interact with you! And I never taught her that - just realized she was doing it on her own one day when the shawl I sometimes wear at my desk when I'm cold was trailing down at her level. She taught herself!

That is so great!

Rabbits don't get enough credit sometimes :( I think people view them as "cage animals" with no personalty. But the truth is that they are FULL of personality and so smart.

Archie is my player. He loves balls and will roll them with his nose all around. He also has these rings that when I put them on the second floor of his condo he HATES them there and immediately grabs them and throws them down. It cracks me up so I keep doing it just to watch him throw them back down to the first floor.

Was just thinking of Commander Bun-Bun. I used to set up the toilet paper rollers on end--about 15-- and she'd go to them and one by one pick them up and throw them, but only if I stood them on end. If I rolled a ball across the floor, she'd attack it and bite holes in it. She wasn't my most social bunny, but she'd always park on the armrest or the back of my chair when she was out or make me move my feet so she could lay between them and the chair. Sure do miss her.

Omg, I just found a video of baby Monty that I had forgotten about!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTQZ6qonH4w[/ame]

I was trying to capture the way she noses the ball under herself and then can't figure out where it went. Then she'll hop away, notice it, and repeat the process. This is nearly as cute, and I even caught her snipping the tag off this ball. Don't worry, the plastic connector is laying on the floor. She eats a piece of the paper tag :p

This is the tofu container toss, which she usually repeats several times before losing interest, but I think she knew I was filming and wandered off.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikw-gRumhFM[/ame]

Ha-ha very cute stories!! They really are sociable animals (I am finding) and just love the way when "she's" ready to play she lets me know. Game time might only be a few minutes but it's so fun to watch her get excited.

Today she was so excited and on one of her "spurts" she actually leaped up off all 4 paws and twisted her body and went mid-air -- it was the funniest thing :).

Latest posts

Back