Do Your Buns Have Light at Night? (poll)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do Your Buns Sleep in......

• Pitch blackness?

• Or with a night light?

Results are only viewable after voting.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb thing to think of....but after you put your buns to bed for the night, is it pitch black where they sleep or do they have some sort of "nightlight" in the room they are in? Does it matter either way do you think? It's pitch black where Agnes sleeps and sometimes as I'm shutting of the lights for the night I feel bad for her like she needs light..........

The Z-Tribe is in our living room. When I go to bed I shut the lights off throughout the house, but always leave the stove light on. Small house, stove light does seep into the living room, so the Z-Tribe is not in a pitch black room. But I don't think they would mind the pitch black. I think it's more me that likes the soft light for them.

K:)

My husband laughs at me at the things I think of for her. She is spoiled!! :) at first I didn't even think twice about no light but now I wonder..........

The first week or two, they had a night light (single LED powered by a camera battery).
Since they've settled in, I haven't been leaving a light on at night.

Hall way light is always on, so they have the door cracked with some light coming in and during the day they get the window opened to have a nice fresh breeze roll through the room.

At first I didn't have any light at night, but when I had some bun sickness issues I started leaving a night light on so I could check in the middle of the night without waking them up. To be consistant I now leave on the night light. It is also good for my birds incase something startles them they can find their perches again.

We have those plug in flashlights that also double as a nightlight when the room gets dark. We have them all around the house in case of an emergency or we lose power. Matthias is in the kitchen and there is one in there, Gubby and Molly are in the living room and there's one by the front door for them, and Atticus is on the third floor and there are 3 up there: one in each bedroom and one in the bathroom.

They aren't overly bright, but enough that when your eyes adjust you can find your way around.

Each of the buns have a place to duck their heads if they want pitch black...

Golly, maybe I should get her a nightlight then. The slider windows she has a view of (and gets fresh air and daylight through during the day) backs to a tree line in our neighborhood so it blocks street lights and moonlight so when I shut the lights off it is pitch black! Now I feel bad. I don't want it too bright so maybe I'll just get one of those lights that come on when it gets dark.

Thanks everyone!

Derby has a night light, more for me than him. If I get up during the night I don't want to step on him. Being black and white he is hard to see in the dark. He just seems more relaxed with the light, or maybe it is me. lol

For a while there, when they shared my bedroom, I gave them a nightlight to keep them from getting startled and thumping because of noises outside. Recently they've started to become used to the noises around and I just stopped giving them light, and then moved them into their own room. The trio almost never thumps at night anymore, and seem more relaxed about loud noises outside than I am!

I have a night light. They used to be in my room, so they would thump a lot less often when they could see that the night time noise was me rolling over in my sleep, not a giant bunny eating monster.

They are no longer in my room, but they'll still be getting one. I like those soft glow green ones (not exactly sure what they're called) cause I feel they interfere with sleep less than the white light.

Aww, I've always turned off the lights for my bunnies. I figured that it would help them realize it's sleepy time. :) Maybe I'll start leaving the hallway light on. :wink

We have a very very low watt nighlight. Plugs into a socket and emits a green/blue light that is very dim but bright enough to light an area in said room.

My outside buns just get moonlight, but the inside ones have the hall light on. More for the humans, than the buns, but they're never completely in the dark.

Latest posts

Back