Do you know what colour this is???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started to breed french lops early this year and trying to come to terms with the various colours.

This is confusing!!:?

I have a litter that is now 3 weeks old bred from blue self and blue otter. I know I have 3 REW and 1 blue self, now the other 2 have the otter markings, and are shaded blueish but the blue parts are not blue like my otter dad. They seem to me to have some sort of aguti marking but in blue? I told you this was confusing!! Anyway ive attatched a coule of pics some with them next to the blue self from the litter and fingers crossed 1 of you may be able to help me out.

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg

oh wow lovely:biggrin2:im with Clarzoo on this one looks like a darkish opal, i have a couple of opal nethies and one is very blue compared to the others esp. now he has moulted he has turned bluer.

it could be that its the baby coat as well cause my baby smokes seem to be a bit 2 tone at the moment but oncethey moult out the coat it might turn true blue.

I don't think it's possible to get an opal from a self and a tan pattern rabbit.

At least it's not with mini rex.

Roger

Awwww I'm no help here at all, but I have to say they are :adorable:!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm..... My girls Teacup is an opal, it's looks a bit like the opal coloration, but I don't really know anything on this topic. :tongue

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Wow, that really is a funky baby coat as it really does look opal...cute though. Pam, do you think that it will molt out?

Sharon

It'll probably molt out into better color, although the longer lop coats often don't show good color intensity and may even display a faux ring pattern.

Pam

Latest posts

Back