Do you know any breeders in milwalkee wisonsin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
I am looking for a rabbit that has a coloringof pinkish tan color. I would like a holland lop.I don't know what the color is called, so if you could tell me that would be great. Also, Do you know any holland lop breeders in wisconsin close to milwakee?Please reply.Thanks!

RABBIT#

:bunnydance::):bunnydance:

I know there are lots around, but I don't know any breeders personally. You could check out an ARBA show. That way you could meet lots of breeders and see their rabbits. You can find show listings at the ARBA website.
http://www.arba.net/index.htm

There's also huge numbers of rabbits in shelters around Milwaukee. Why not check them out? They're already spayed/neutered, cost about the same as many rabbits from breeders(usually $15-30), and come in all sorts of breeds and colors including many purebreds. The Sheboygan shelter recently had two purebred (show quality, IMO) tort holland lops, although they've already been adopted. Check out Petfinder to see some pictures, and go to the shelters to see more. Many shelters don't have the time to keep their Petfinder profiles up to date.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Plus, when you adopt a spayed/neutered rabbit you can get a much better idea of their personality than when you buy a baby rabbit.Rabbit personalities change a lot during puberty and many new rabbit owners have a difficult time dealing with that.

You've been given some good advice about finding a rabbit....but if you're still wanting to find a breeder for a baby bunny - you can find them here:

http://www.hlrsc.com/

That is the Holland Lop Specialty Club. If you click on the "Locate a breeder" option on the left side of the page - you'll see a list of states and can find a breeder that way.

Peg

thankyou both soo much. do you know what color of a rabbit I want? its likea tan color, but sorta pink. Know what it's called? thanks

The only onesI can think of that could all possibly described as a pinkish tan would be:

- cream
- possibly orange if you've only seen a bad picture of it
- lilac or lilac chinchilla
- chocolate chinchilla
- lynx

Orange is a common color, cream is harder to come by depending on your area (none in this area), lilac is very rare in most areas and are not normally available for pets in areas that do have them because breeders snap them up quickly, and as far as I'm aware, Holland Lops do no come in chocolate chinchilla or lilac chinchilla.

Here is a good guide to look for the color on, keep in mind some are unavailable in Hollands.

http://www.geocities.com/hoppinherdofhares2003/lopcolorguide.html

It's like the color of zoey .what is her colorcalled?

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
The only onesI can think of that could all possibly described as a pinkish tan would be:

- cream
- possibly orange if you've only seen a bad picture of it
- lilac or lilac chinchilla
- chocolate chinchilla
- lynx

Orange is a common color, cream is harder to come by depending on yourarea (none in this area), lilac is very rare in most areas and are notnormally available for pets in areas that do have them because breederssnap them up quickly, and as far as I'm aware, Holland Lops do no comein chocolate chinchilla or lilac chinchilla.

Here is a good guide to look for the color on, keep in mind some are unavailable in Hollands.

http://www.geocities.com/hoppinherdofhares2003/lopcolorguide.html

My rabbit, Zoey, is a black japanese harlequinHolland Lop. In other words, she is orange with black markings. She isdefinitely not a pinkish tan but pictures can be decieving as far ascolor goes. :)

zoey11.jpg

janpics66.jpg

I didn't know you could get lops in theharlequin pattern. I LOVE harlequin....just adore them....and I have aline of lionheads that are harlequin patterned.

Peg

Zoey is a real cutie pie! There were some harlifuzzy lops here for sale a while back that were very similar to her butwith more black, and there were some that were grey and black hollandlop type babies, so cute.

Rabbit#1 have you had any luck yet? I think the colour you are lookingfor is fawn maybe? I don't know because colours have different names indifferent countries for the same thing.

This is what fawn looks like here, and these are some little flemish giant babies:

Yes some. I called one of therabbit breeders that tinysmom gave me. I did look at the color guideyou gave me mybabybunnies. I like cream,lilac otter,chocolate chestnutand 2 others. I think I am going to pick my bunny out in two weeks.thanks soo much everyone!

They are cute aren't they? Pity about being insuch a yucky looking cage though, it's all full of poo (these are notmy rabbits nor do I know the owners, they are selling them online).There are HEAPS of flemish giants for sale around here and they are sogorgeous.

Latest posts

Back