Do You Have Any Real Phobias?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katie! I HATE THE POPPING OF THE ROLLS! It scares me every time. The worst is when it DOESN'T pop when you take the paper off so you have to hit it on the counter or the stove. Then you don't really KNOW when its going to pop and you're standing there as far away from it as you can get from the can of rolls thats still in YOUR hand. Then it finally pops and it makes you jump, then you realize how much you didn't really want those **** biscuits or crescent rolls because of what you just had to go through.

Its the adult verison of the jack in the box.

I'm so glad someone else brought up the can popping!! I can't do them. I've never been able to. My best friend still makes fun of me as much as she did like 15 years ago when we were kids and I would be scared of them. Now we're no longer kids...and I'm still scared of them.

On the rare occasion we have them in the house, I go in the other room while my partner does opens it. The spontaneous POP terrifies me (yes, I'm afraid of popping balloons as well).

HeeHee! OK so not that so many have brought it up, I do not like popping the cans of biscuits either. I never have but I don't do well with any noises like that whether expected or not. I think it has something to do with 4th of July at my uncles when I was young but I don't remember what happened just a vague memory of being inside and really not wanting to be outside while they let off fireworks and just a feeling of fear.

I get my hubby or the girls to open them. The girls think it's fun and don't know that I hate opening them!

Do you guys like popping bubblewrap??

Dunno if I really have any phobias. I have an anxiety disorder, but it's not really about anything specific; although people often set it off. I used to be terrified of using the phone, but although it still scares me, I can do it, so I don't think that counts. I do have funny little quirks, though! Can't stand getting my hands wet, for one. I just....hate it. Drives me nuts.

I don't judge ANY of these phobias :) I know how real mine is. I try to calm myself down about it but I can't.
Some phobias you can be fine with but now that I'm a mom I feel like a POS being scared of my own son when he's puking :( it maes me feel like a crappy mom and a ridiculous person.

Awww Lisa it doesn't make you a bad mommy! Puking is a terrible, terrible, thing!
Feathers are really dirty and carry zooinotic diseases. Can't blame you!

Body parts, blood, and gore dont bother me. Well I mean it does to a degree but I can do my job and not have nightmares about it later. I was just surprised twice by severed hands so now I'm always worried I'm going to run into one.

I think that a severed hand would freak me out too. When ever I see a random shoe on the side of the road, I always think that there is a foot in it. haha. I think thats just craziness on my part, but you never know!

Back