Do you have a preferred age to breed Hollands?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

LavenderLopLover

Reaction score
I know hollands cannot be bred until 6 months and shouldn't be bred if over 1 year or so old, if they're a doe so when is your favorite time to breed both bucks and does I've heard a lot of different answers so please help me get a clearer idea?

Mackenzie Salm

Reaction score
Bucks it doesn't matter as much as does. Because bucks aren't the ones that are carrying the babies. the doe can be bred at 6 months old, she is ok as long as she is fully grown and can handle carrying a litter. Don't quote me on any of this because I don't breed much. My first litter is due tomorrow. The only reason I know this stuff is from research and plenty of it, and other people on this website.

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would typically wait until the doe was 5-6 months old before first breeding. You can use bucks once they’re fertile, but the young ones sometimes have a hard time figuring out how to do it right. We used bucks 5 years old with no problem. We bred our does until they stopped giving us litters. Our oldest doe was almost 6 when we had to retire her. Most were about 4 though.

Latest posts