Do you have a NIC cage? Photos?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiaP

Reaction score
I am considering building a NIC cage for my bunny, Winter. If I do, I would like to make it large enough for him to share with another bunny in the future. Winter is a small rabbit, about 4 to 5 pounds.

I have seen photos of NIC cages online, but would like to see more. If you have any you'd care to post, I'd be pleased to see them.

I have read a few articles about NIC cages, but if you have any tips or warnings, I would welcome those, too.

The other housing option I have considered is a puppy play pen. I already have a huge one, left over from fostering a litter of 7 pups three years ago. I really like the gate feature, where I could just go in and be in the pen to clean, etc. However, I am a foster home for kittens, too, and I don't like the idea that if we failed even momentarily to keep the kittens out of the TV room, one of them could climb into Winter's pen and bite or scratch him. So, I guess the NIC cage is my best bet for the most room, yet secure from overhead attacks?

Thanks, Mia

Your welcome

And I know some people use the NIC connectors that come with the cubes, but I prefer cable ties. Less stressful, haha. And if you use cable ties, get the small ones, they are easier to cut off than the larger ones!

I think using both Cable Ties and the connectors (that come with the cubes), is a good idea. Sometimes cable ties come loose after a while, atleast that is what I have noticed on my cages.

i use connectors and ties, i think it makes it a little more stable'er than just the ties

Thanks, all. One question: Do the bunnies really like having multi-stories? Is it worth it to put on a third floor, for example, or do they mostly just want a shelf or second floor to get up a bit off the floor?

I've never had multiple stories, but I have yet to meet a bunny that doesn't like a good shelf to get up off the floor. For some reason they all like sleeping up high. Mine would probably love a third level so they could spy on us from it.;)

Latest posts

Back