do u have baby rabbits, or have done?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybabbit

Reaction score
i need help, i have a female rabbitwho is pregnant and i need some tips on looking after baby bunnies,this is her first litter and i'm a lil worried :shock:about how she'sgonna be like after the birth and if theres something im not doing andshould be, so please help, if you have any tips at all i would be sograteful!
thankyou
babyb

Let us know if you still have questions after reading all that stuff.

There is a lot to know, so it's hard to tell you everything in onego. It's easier if you do some back ground work, then comeback with specific questions.

--Dawn

She may be very nervous the couple of days afterhaving them. I try not to interfer unless it is critical for me to.Most first time moms figure it out although they do make mistakes. Iwatch that they are in a nest and covered up. I check them starting thenext day to make sure they are being fed and all alive,otherthan that I leave them alone until they come out of the nest box. ThenI handle them and pet them alot.

thank you so much 4 the sites and all ur help!!
im so excited!
i'll let u know if i have more questions.

hi everyone! thought i'd let you know thatTallullah has started to make her own nest in her hutch so i won'tbother making one myself.
it seems that she's a little early making a nest, at what time during the pregnancy do they start preparing for birth?

she's a little grouchy but in a better mood than usual, we're sooooooexcited, weve decided that we're keepin 1or 2 of the babies and theowner of the father(my neighbour)will be taking 1 or 2 aswell and sowe're selling the rest, if there is more that is!i'll post pics of thelil ones when they're born!

babyb

When they prepare for the birth depends on the doe really.

We had one that rushed around and made a nest whilst she was in labour,and we had one that built her nest after just under 3 weeks.

When did you mate her?

It's often a waiting game, to see whether or not she is pregnant.

In my experience, if I doe builds the next earlier than about two and ahalf weeks after impregnation, then it might be a phantom pregnancy.

But it might just be a case of wait and see what happens, and learn everything you can in the meantime :)

Nice to see you back at RO,BabyBabbit. :)

Who's the daddy?
picscrop.gif

sas :)

yh, i haven't been on for a while untill i waspretty sure tallullah was pregnant, gd 2 c everyone again, paps is mynextdoor neighbours rabbit toffee, i'll try and get pics on as soon as,and i'll definitely be posting some of the young'ens!

babyb

Have you tried using an online photo storage place?

Photobucket and Tinypic are two that I know of.

You upload your pictures to them, and then they provide you with a image link you can use to post pictures here.

--Dawn

oh and by the way thought i should ask som1 boutthis, tallullah has appeared to make one nest in her litter tray andanother next 2 it, why is this?

babyb:bunnybutt:

I have two lops, dwarf lops :)

It might be that she can't decide what is best. Is she a first timemum? It might be that she is listening to her instincts, but does notactually understand what she is doing and why.

Also, apparently some bunnies make two nests and have their litters intwo places if they are carrying a lot, and then kind of feed them onrotation.

Best thing you can do is wacth her for now and see what happens, andwhen you clean her, try and save the nests and place them back wherethey came from.

One of my bunnies had a huge phatom pregnancy and made three nests inher hutch, including fur as well (she had bald armpits for ages, lol),so just try to watch her and not stress her. She will either come outof her phatom pregnancy (if that's what it is) or she will, as she getsnearer delivery, and her hormones rocket, step up to the role and dothe things that her instincts tell her to do, but hopefully in theright places at the right times.

Latest posts

Back