Do Rabbits Need Lights On?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)Since both my husband and I work in the day,if Thor's inside, we'll turn the kitchen lights on in the morning forbreakfast, and open the curtains to let the sun in. We'll lether run around. We put her back in her cage before we leavethe house, with only the natural outside light. When wearrive home, we only put on lights as it gets dark outside.When we retire, the house is dark. The rest of the year shespends outside-if she doesn't want the sun, she'll either go into herhole, or slip into her protected shelter. I find manymornings she is soaking up the sun beside her food dish (or is she justwaiting for me? ha ha).

That's pretty much what we do with Maisie,too. Her light is on from the time I wake to the time we goto bed or leave the house. We don't open the blinds much, asour livingroom window faces a walkway MANY people go downeveryday. We crack the blinds (enough so they can't look inand see anything/anyone), but they stay mostly closed. (We'llsoon be adding something to the window so they can't just lookin. :?) But until then, we leave the blinds mostlyclosed, and thus why she has her light.

I like to let her out to run around when I see her being the mostactive because otherwise she doesn't come out, which I find to befunny. Don't most buns wait on pins and needles to come out??

P.S. She also has a really dark area in her cage she goes to when shewants to hang out alone or in the dark. It's out of the wayof the kitties so they can't bug her. :)

THANKS FOR BUMPING THIS FOR ME, GUYS!! :D

thor wrote:
;)Since both my husband and Iwork in the day, if Thor's inside, we'll turn the kitchen lights on inthe morning for breakfast, and open the curtains to let the sunin. We'll let her run around. We put her back inher cage before we leave the house, with only the natural outsidelight. When we arrive home, we only put on lights as it getsdark outside. When we retire, the house is dark.The rest of the year she spends outside-if she doesn't want the sun,she'll either go into her hole, or slip into her protectedshelter. I find many mornings she is soaking up the sunbeside her food dish (or is she just waiting for me? haha).

My boyfriend and I were just discussing why Ileave on the lights for Mocha. He thought is was dumb, but I leave thewindow open so she gets natural light and I leave a small light on forwhen it gets darker. Don't know if she needs it but I'll keep doing ittill I hear otherwise!!

Back