do rabbits molt and when?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
Cookie Monster is at least 1 yr. he is shedding like crazy, is this normal? The other 3 are 3 months and no shedding like he is. They are all on timothy hay, pellets and lots of greens, some banana, carrot and apples.
I also think he has lost weight. He was neutered about 3-4 weeks ago.

yep, its normal !! butsy is baaad. she seems to shed all year ! and it makes sens he lost weight since you just got him fixed ! butsy barely ate for a week after she got fixed !

[align=center]Yeah! Sabriel is MOLTING SO BAD RIGHT NOW. It's insane!!!

Rabbits typically molt 4 times a year alternating a big molt and a smaller molt. Some rabbits do seem to be constantly in some state of molt. Others you may never really notice. It depends on the rabbit and also their housing situation.

True, true! Gulliver was always shedding and hated to be brushed, so it was a constant battle. Jake, who I have now, hardly seems to shed at all. I can rub him by hand and it comes off, and if I do brush it he likes it, especially playing with the brush afterward like a toy. It's fun to toss, apparantly..

Do they look kind of sickly when they molt? Cookie seems otherwise normal but the shedding is driving me nuts, he is worse than our 6 cats.

Latest posts

Back