Do I have to have carpet on the ramps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
I was told I did but I see alot of people just using plain wood. So do I need to have carpet on the ramps? It won't be that high up and be at a rather long angle as opposed to a small ramp she will have a long one.

either way it should be fine, the carpet could get chewed up by the bun but it would help with traction more than wood probably

I have a few recieving blankets from when Soph was born I was thinking about using one of those to wrap the ramp in. However I'm not sure how I would clean it. I have a carpet/upholstry cleaner I guess that could work...lol.

I'm looking on craigslist for a few carpet pieces. Since she has taken to digging at my carpet behind my couch.:D

I agree that some sort of fabric would improve traction greatly. What is your ramp made of? Just NIC cube panels?
If you are building it out of wood (as I know your hubby is the crafty type ;) ) you could possibly put pegboard as the surface, and do supporting 1x4 or whatevers on the bottom. Then, ziptie the fabric to the pegboard.

I've used old woven placemats, and they were pretty good. Very convenient to snip off the zipties and wash it.

We are making it out of wood. It will probably span the whole length of her cage so she will have plenty of easy slope to get up and down. I thought about having some notches cut out of the board so she could grip onto it better.

What about using some grass mats to add tractions? Then if they get chewed up, the buns won't get hurt, and you can just replace them every so often. You can get nice thick ones, with lots of texture a places like home improvement stores and Peir One.

You could attach them by making a couple of holes along the edge of the ramp, and using zip-ties through the holes to hold the mats in place.

--Dawn

I'm not sure what we will do. I'm sure DH will probably get some idea of what he wants and make another youtube video for it. He's on a youtube kick lately. Can't complain he is actually finishing the projects around the house...lol.

Back