Do Flemmish giants Jump?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dulmit

Reaction score
I have 2 bunnies: Holland Lop and a Flemmish Giant. The lop will do large leaps in the air and binks, but the Flemmish never seems to leave the ground. She is about 18.5 -19 lbs and certainly is fast enough on the ground and can kick like a mule, but she just doesn't seem to jump. I was wondering if this is normal for a Flemmy. I will have to post pics of them.

Oh yea both of my girls jumped. :D

My FG is only 9wks, but holy cow does she jump and binkie! She has a shelf high up in her hutch that she refuses to use the ramp for too. She always jumps up on it and spends most of her time there. She jumps down every time too. So mine certainly does!

all of our rabbits jump and binky. Our little Dutch, "Hutch" is our Binky king. Our brown rex, "Bambi" will jump back into her Hutch up on the table if we leave her door open--makes it easy to put her up. Our Checkered Giant, "Serena" is 17 pounds and will run around and does do binkies but not nearly as much as the other bunnies.

Flemmies tend to be on the "relaxed" side from what I've heard. They prefer to chill out on the ground, rather than running and doing binkys like the little ones do :)

Varies from rabbit to rabbit.

My girl is a year old and she jumps and goes on, not often but every now and then. She can aslo jump up onto the couch. But she is also very good at being lazy!!

We have a couple of Flemmies in the shelter that I volunteer at and they binkie when they get out of their pens for exercise. It's a big binkie, but it's off the floor! :)

Latest posts

Back