Do does spray urine too?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunbinkie

Reaction score
I noticed that behind Marina's cage near the wall and even on the floor in one particular cornerthere are tiny splotches of urine....ALOT of them. I cleaned the area with vinegar and then this morning I looked and she had done it again in the same spot.

I also noticed a spray like pattern of urine underneath my bed on the tile floor(which is where she likes to go when I let her out) I know for a fact it isn't Merlin doing any of it.

Can/do does spray or flingtheir urine?

I don't know. I came into this thread to see if I needed to edit the title because I read it as do does.. not as do does (as in not a buck but a ....)

:embarrassed:

It is awful! I think she stomps around in it and flings her feet up on the air....silly silly girlie.

**and now that Merlin is now Merlie, I can understand why Marina would be doing this!!**

This may sound bad, but are you *sure* she is a girl? I know you have said you are fairly certain tha Marina is a girl, but this happened to me. I was also fairly certain Bailey was a girl.... literally until the day we took *her to the vets office to be spayed... Oops, its a boy! So Bailey was a male. Anyway- one of the things that didn't seem right was that *she kept on spraying urine. So just make sure she is really a she.... :)

Just a suggestion. But on the other hand- Bailey does have a habit of splashing his pee and flicking his feet, which does spread the urine....

I have a couple of does that spray when they are happy. Like when I show up with treats and food! (Eewwwweee!) Jett loves me and gets so excited when I bring her something. (But it always seems to be in the direction of the doe next door! I had to put up plexiglass along one wall! I'm not sure that would subside with a spay.

But I would double checkMarina's sex, just to be sure!

bunbunbinkie wrote:
Oh dear. I just scrubbed the wall again because Marina seemed to have a pee flinging party last night.

Does spaying make it subside at all?

Well...spaying didn't change Gingi's behavior...

I think like BlueGiants commented, in Gingi's case it's a matter of excitement...not territory marking. Could that be true with Marina?

Yes, does spray all right. I had one that was staying with me get me right in the face once. This doe wasn't spayed at the time, but I'm not sure how much that affects it. Spaying is always a good idea, though, and it can't hurt to try it and see if it helps with the spraying.

Pebbles will do that to show her dismay when I have Bebe in the run at the same time. Pebbles would run by me and Bebe and peeing as she races pass us. :X

It's a run by peeing. :p

Latest posts

Back