Do bunnies hiccup?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do they sound like? Buster every once in a while does something that somewhat sounds like coughing up a hairball but not as severe. Freaks me out!

Haha, we already scared her plenty. We put her in our dogs' kennel for some more room to move, and our little dog found her and went crazy. She thinks Faith is a friend and wants to play with her... Which will in turn end up to Stella eating her. :/

But yeah, the "hiccup" thing was weird. Kinda like she was going to cough up a hairball, but no noise.

I'm not sure if I actually helped or the hiccups just went away on their own, but when Gaz got them she was lying kind of half on her side/half on her tummy and I slowly and gently pet her from her neck to her rump a few times until they stopped. (I know hiccups in humans are cause by the diaphragm spasming, so I figured it was the same as bunnies and was hoping to relax the muscle with the petting)

Latest posts

Back