DIY rabbit toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovepets

Reaction score
i love DIY stuff and i have made tons of DIY bird toys for my parakeets, but i dont know what i would do for rabbit toys :( does anyone make rabbit toys or have pics? or can someone list a few supplies i can use (other than toilet paper tubes and cardboard :p)?

thanks

I suspect rabbits would like the parakeet toys. They like to toss things and knock things over. They'll pick up something and bob their heads then fling it. They like plastic baby keys, too. I think they like the rattle sound it makes. You can use sisal rope/rugs, jute, or seagrass. Stack some Solo cups and watch them knock them over. Set some up like a bowling alley. Make a ball with a slot in it and put a treat inside it. I'm sure your imagination can take it from here.

Fill a brown paper bag with hay and other treats, punch some holes into the sides and tie the top shut. They will love tearing into the bag to get their yummies!

You can also fill toilet paper or paper towel rolls with hay.

Make a castle out of cardboard boxes. They can chew these, explore, and hide out in them.

You can give them an old phone book to rip up also. Or make a dig box with shredded paper.

My bunnies love to play with slinkies and the hard plastic cat toy balls that make noise.

oooo i like the paper bag idea! she likes chewing paper bags! she usually has a cardboard bogs with fabric to dig in, but its too hot and the humidity gets to the box, so i had to throw it out. i am going to get s new one when it cools down :)

I normally empty out old oatmeal containers (the cylindrical ones) my rabbits love to crawl through those!
Old toilet paper rolls are great, just cut the edges to form a "lions mane" around both sides.
Paper bags are great for them to crawl in and out of, along with small cardboard boxes.
Cut up a few paper towel rolls in different designs and patterns.

Latest posts

Back