DIY bunny toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_lady13

Reaction score
Does anyone have any great home made bunny toys besides card board boxs and toilet paper rolls? I'm look for new ideas 😊

I take those smallish brown bags (like brown non- toxic lunch bags) and fill them with hay. I then roll up the bag, shutting it, and put it into the cage. They can smell they hay and it keeps them occupied and entertained while they try to figure out how to get to the hay. Mine love it. I also will fill other bunny safe objects with hay or some of their favorite foods. I also just tried this one- I blended up their favorite fruits and then froze them making a tiny bunny sized popsicle. They loved it (this isn't so much of a toy as an entertainment idea. They loved this new treat). It is also quite tasty for humans!

I saved those measuring cups from laundry detergent, and washed them. I stack them up in a pyramid and sometimes hide treats under a few. Bunnies love to knock them over and finding a hidden treat is an extra bonus.

I saved those measuring cups from laundry detergent, and washed them. I stack them up in a pyramid and sometimes hide treats under a few. Bunnies love to knock them over and finding a hidden treat is an extra bonus.

That's a great idea! With a fairly large family, we go through a lot of those! And I know my trouble makers will love something they can destroy and knock over!

Early on in the first 6 months Baron played mostly with pine cones. Plenty of pine trees in my neighborhood so I would pick some up when out for a walk. He used them like basketballs picking them up with his teeth and hurling them into his litter or my laundry. Lately he seems to only play with my old blue gym shorts... after what he has done with them, I don't ever want them back.

Just over a year old, he doesn't seem to be interested in toys but has to explore and run his chin on everything. At early morning hours (2am to 4am) I can hear him tearing through the house. The only reason I wake up is him running across the bed and back out. On occasion he miscalculates his jumps and hits me pretty hard. I wonder if he does it on purpose to get me up? My alarm is set for 6am most working days but he has no sense of time.

In his youth, he chewed on old driftwood I found by the banks of the river. He rarely touches it now. His ideal is either sprawling out to rest, eating, exploring, or running night races.

Latest posts

Back