DIY bonding: how hard is it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunniless

Reaction score
I have an appointment to meet rabbits at the shelter, and I'm in the market for a bonded pair or trio. I'm nervous about going because, what if I fall in love with a bunny who's a single? Should I pass that one up since I'm determined to have at least two bonded bunnies? Or is it relatively easy to bond two fixed rabbits myself? Could I take home two singles and manage to make them a pair? Or should I tell the representative from the shelter that I only want to meet pairs and trios of bunnies?

I didnt go through a shelter, got my rabbits separately, and bonded them myself. A whole bunch of people here have blogs about their bonding process. Mine took 5 months, with a month break due to a bad situation and I almost gave up but I persevered and it happened. I learned through reading a lot of how to bond and watching a lot f videos. Anyone can do it with time, patience and perseverance. Who know for you it could be quicker. My only advice should you bond rabbits is to learn as much as possible but be sure to tailor it to your buns and not follow a system. Good luck either way.

Latest posts

Back