DISTURBING TOPIC with graphic discussion: handling newborn culls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earthling wrote:
Shaded Night Rabbitry wroteFirst off, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I feel obligated to spare my two cents.

Wow that's pretty mean to say such a thing. Most don't feed their snakes lives live animals, and they have to eat too. Snakes/rabbits=/= humans. And snakes are certainly not evil creatures just because they have to have a diet that consists of small animals. I have known a couple of people that had snakes. Wonderful beautiful creatures. :)

Wow.

This are DEFORMED BABIES. PEANUTS THAT WILL NOT LIVE. MAX FACTORS THAT ARE BLIND WITH HINDQUARTERS TWISTED BACKWARDS. HIPPOS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FEET. ALL OF THESE BABIES WILL DIE BY 1 WEEK, BUT FOR THE MAX FACTORS. (They will live if left be... You /have/ to put them down.)

They're killed before they leave. I see value in feeding live, but I also see the downsides. I'm not about to send off my new borns, if they're going to live.

I cried because I couldn't stand to put him in the freezer, since I've watched them die from that. I also couldn't use decapitation. my father wasn't home, and I don't have the stomach. He lingered on for two more days, until he was litterally bones and skin. There was NOTHING. And the way they die.... It's horrible. I hate it.

- Edited for content/language -

At this point I am going to be locking this thread tell a more experienced mod comes.

I am going to say this if you can not contribute to a thread like this in a positive way please just do not post.

If you can not say something nice do not say anything at all.

Kat-TF Mod

As a senior moderator on the rabbitry forum - I am going to be RELOCKING this thread as soon as I am done typing.

First of all - there is no more need for discussion on this topic - they issue has been handled. So why bother to bring it up? I'd pull it - but there might be things in here that would be helpful later on to someone - so I'll let it disappear into the archives.

But secondly - and I'm about to do a post on this for our regular rabbitry members - I am going to ask something of y'all....

When someone comes in and posts something inflamatory in a thread like this - and y'all respond to them - it now makes it so we have to moderate not only that person - but your response to them (especially if it violated the forum rules). It creates more work for us and it gives them a chance to say, "but yeah...so and so replied like this or like that..." and they point to YOUR behavior - which makes it difficult for us to deal with their behavior.

So if a thread comes along or is bumped with a reply that is mean-spirited or violates forum rules....DO NOT REPLY.

CONTACT THE MODERATOR OF YOUR CHOICE ASAP...and let us handle it from there.

Thanks so much.

Peg

Latest posts

Back