Distressing advertisement?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleighh

Reaction score
Please, I am wanting a male rabbit as soon as I can get one (but am willing to wait if I have to)
I don't want a big breed and cross breed is fine
preferably not a single colour either
Any age, (as long as he is breedable), Not neutered
won't pay more than $20
He will be going to a good home
Please and Thankyou

This was posted on gumtree. I'm literally feeling a bit weird in my stomach. It is quite obvious this person wants ANY male rabbit for breeding. *sigh* Why do people do this?
Should I email her or just leave it? This sort of think really irks me.

There is an add that keep reappering on Kijiji for a pure holland lop buck for breeding. You look at her other adds and she breeds mixed breeds and sells them at 6 weeks old :( What are you supposed to do?? Hope that any breeder with ethics sees those adds and ignores them?

it is just so frustrating! I wish people would put their rabbits health and safety before they'd even consider this kinda stuff!

This person likely will not listen to any advice you have to give, or they will get defensive and start insulting you.
Yep, I have experience responding to these kinds of ads and they usually go nowhere, except make me more upset. :grumpy:

Ah you're probably right. I guess you can't always be the hero. I really hope nobody offers her a male rabbit.
"won't pay more than $20" sheeeesh lady, wait til the vet bills for your kits start a'rollin in.

Latest posts

Back