Disposal of litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fribble2110

Reaction score
Question. Now i have three litter boxes. One for fribble and now two for mama and babies. Now I clean as i see needed. Which maybe one scoop a day or more. Now has anyone used this product for there litter disposal

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12265929

Does anyone use this and find it more effective then using grocery bags. It has good reviews, relitively inexpensive, and says it has odor control.

Something like a diaper genie which is what I use for my 16 month old son lol, I usually just dump the litter in a grocery bag, but if I had my own land I would probably just use it for compost considering their poop and the saw dust are all biodegradable.

I just use grocery bags. I'm thinking now maybe I should find a spot in the yard to dispose of it. We have a few acres so it could be out of the way and I don't really like using so many bags.

It would make great compost!! Be a great way to become more self sufficient, a veggie garden! Lol. Mine goes in trash bag whenever a can gets full. I personally never liked my diaper genie but thats just me

As sad as this is going to sound.. I had the hardest time putting in the refills for the Diaper Genie!! I couldnt figure it out lol so I just gave it away and used grocery bags.... same thing with the buns but I take the grocery bag out to the trash I dont put it in my kitchen garbage.

Ditto about the genie..i had issues in the middle of night getting diaper in lol

It's wonderful compost here in the country. I compost my leaves in the fall, etc. It takes awhile in this climate the results eventually are wonderful worked into the very clay soil.

OK yeah i use grocery bags now. No issue, i just didnt know if people found this to be more efficent is all :) Thank you all for your input!

I wonder, for people with no space in the yard to compost, if one of those indoor composting with worms would work, placed in the basement, garage, utility room, ....

Litter will eventually get broken down in a landfill, but it a closed plastic bag it'd take quite a while.

I have thought about getting worms for composting, but they are rather expensive. I end up buying fishing worms to add to my turtle's terrarium so they can dig for food.

Anyone have wormy experience?

For disposal: I actually use the large bag that comes from their hay. I have three of them so they poop too much to become compost for my tiny little garden, but I will scatter some into the garden every so often.

For worms: rather than buying fishing worms, another idea is just to have the pail ready to go, and slowly collect worms by waiting for it to rain, and going to collect them from the cement. It takes a lot longer, but it's free! It's also the best way to go if you're like me and have no idea where the sport shop is in the city, and don't even have a car to get to them.

Back