Dislocated HIP/LEG?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flemishgiant34

Reaction score
So to day i was taking my flemish giant for play time/exercise and noticed he was hoppin weird and i went over to him and noticed his left leg was abnormally infront of him and was favoring it. im really woried shoudl i get medical attention now if/or would he have to be put down im woried. :nerves1

It would be a good idea to take him to your vet to get it checked. Could just be something simple and will heal quickly, but if it is something serious there are things that can be done to help your rabbit, from restricting movement, to surgery. I hope your bun is going to be ok and the injury isn't too bad.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

I would definitely get him into a vet asap and until then I'd confine him somewhere where he can't do much jumping or move too quickly so things don't get any worse.

Definitely, as others have said, confine him and keep him calm. Vet and x-rays are definitely needed.

Just know a dislocated hip is not a death sentence. I have a bun who actually only has 1 hip, she had an FHO surgery after dislocating it and does fantastic :)

Does it look like this? This is Flynn after her dislocation, it's her rear right leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl3LfvPRtM

Last edited:
Definitely, as others have said, confine him and keep him calm. Vet and x-rays are definitely needed.

Just know a dislocated hip is not a death sentence. I have a bun who actually only has 1 hip, she had an FHO surgery after dislocating it and does fantastic :)

Does it look like this? This is Flynn after her dislocation, it's her rear right leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl3LfvPRtM

Mines looks worse but yes thats it

It would be a good idea to take him to your vet to get it checked. Could just be something simple and will heal quickly, but if it is something serious there are things that can be done to help your rabbit, from restricting movement, to surgery. I hope your bun is going to be ok and the injury isn't too bad.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

well my rabbit has a hutch and i really can put him anywhere else becasue he is a flemish giant he is about 5/6 month old so he is big but his hutch is about 3 to 4 ft long plus it has a 1ft long room in it that is in the 3/4 ft long hutch but i cant just kepp him in the little room becasue i cant put his food otr water in there

Back