Discipline problems,still.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessa1487

Reaction score
Skippy will NOT listen. I've tried a waterbottle, tapping him on the nose, saying " NO ", clapping myhands..putting him in his cage...and he is now neutered..

and he is wrecking the house!!! He is trying to pull up the floor inthe kitchen, chews on the carpet, the funiture...I'm losing hope.

hes just young and fiesty you think?

maybe he will grow out of it. Ryo grew out of all of her bad habits.luckily to say, she has none now, and she was pulling up the carpet andgetting ontop of the table (ate cigeratte butts and some of a plasticbag one time)

I've heard that water bottle, tapping theirnose, and clapping at them is actually the thingNOT to do.Anything that startles bunny can actually increase the bad behavoirbecause now they're upset or insecure as well. Try what I call the 2 yrold method. Treat bunny like a precocious 2 yr old kid. Try and findsomething even more interesting than your floor that bunny is allowedto have. Get a few different kinds of toys, one plastic, one wood, onescented, one not like that,andsee if bunny likesany of those. Nothing pleases my bunnies more than a piece ofnewspaper. Either just layed flat or crumpled into a ball. If you cangive bunny something better than your floor to chew on, that mightsolve your prob.

AshtonCasey wrote:
I've heard that water bottle, tapping their nose, andclapping at them is actually the thingNOT to do. Anythingthat startles bunny can actually increase the bad behavoir because nowthey're upset or insecure as well. Try what I call the 2 yr old method.Treat bunny like a precocious 2 yr old kid. Try and find something evenmore interesting than your floor that bunny is allowed to have. Get afew different kinds of toys, one plastic, one wood, one scented, onenot like that,andsee if bunny likes any of those.Nothing pleases my bunnies more than a piece of newspaper. Either justlayed flat or crumpled into a ball. If you can give bunny somethingbetter than your floor to chew on, that might solve your prob.
If you go this route, try to keep a yummy chew toy or something else helikes on hand. If he starts chewing something he shouldn't,give him the toy to distract him.

Did that too, he just throws things aside and goes back to what he was doing.

The only thing that relatively ever worked is clapping and saying noreal loud, it startles him enough to where I can stop him and move him.He's 27 weeks old, and it just seems to be getting worse with age rightnow. He was neutereda little over two weeks ago, I wonder ifhe still is trying to calm down from that..

Really huh? All of my bunnies would go nuts fora newspaper ball or roll of toilet paper. I'm at a loss then. Keeptrying cheap "toys" until one works. Good luck!

Back