Discharge or Bladder Gunk Or...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsshaer

Franki
Reaction score
ALRIGHT SO. Just has the bun to the vet and this happens THE DAY AFTER WE GO. Year old female, spayed. Poor diet from previous owner and shelter, adopted 4 weeks ago. Shelter knew nothing about rabbit care, was exclusive to cats and dogs only.

So today my bun has a really brown/orange rump and hind paws. It has no odor. Some of it comes off with a wet paper towel. It has gotten on the carpet and in her cage where she sits for a while at a time, but again, comes off with some water and rubbing. No odor.

In the cat's bed and on her blanket outside her cage, it looks like she urinated in two spots (one in the bed, one on the blanket)--I investigated. Not urine. No odor. It LOOKS white in the center of the puddle-like spot, but when I soak it up with a paper towel, it is the same orange-brown as is found on her rump and feet lately. I clean her cage and litter box at least twice daily, but usually more--so it's not from that. It's continuously leaking out of her or something, I can tell she is not consciously letting it come out. She's also somehow gotten some of it on the door and blonds on the door (door has full window covered with blinds a bit under a foot from the floor) and the side of our floored AC unit.

At the shelter she was only eating Oxbow pellets with occasional carrots and apples. Here she has access to Timothy Hay (not really eating it), about 4 Romaine Lettuce leafs a day, and Oxbow pellets. Could this be a result of her diet changing? It's been four weeks now, so it seems awfully late for this to be a side effect of her diet changing.

She did have her glands completely cleaned out at the vet. Could this have anything to do with it? I am rather concerned. I do not mind cleaning up after her since I am a stay-at-home partner. However, if this could be the cause of an infection I am very worried for her health as I love her very much.

We are taking a stool sample to the vet Monday as asked to, should I look into taking some of this liquid in as well? She's producing quite a lot of whatever this is... She has also been in her litter pan more than usual the past two or three days, but the vet just cleared her as good-to-go yesterday.

Any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks in advance! Clover and I appreciate your help! :bunnybutt:

If she seems to be dribbling urine and not just peeing and standing in it, she could have a UTI. Maybe call your vet and ask them about bringing in a urine sample to be tested.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Back