Dirty paws

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
I recently took over a beautiful french lop bunny, she’s right now indoor rabbit but she dosen’t like being indoor, so soon she will get an outdoor cage instead.

The problem it’s that she have dirty yellow paws after she had pee on the floor and stepped in it. So it’s all dried up and making her smell.

I need to wash them but she’s quite big, so need help on how to get them clean. IMG_3844.jpg

I just use baby wipes on my bunny’s paws, but you could equally just use a wet flannel or something similar. The staining might stay until those hairs are shed but at least the smell will go :)

Thanks, I will try it :) I’m just worried she will get sore paws if they stay dirty.

If it is a one off they shouldn’t get sure, but they would if they were wet and smelly all the time.

I thought bunnies cleaned their paws on there own? Sometimes my rabbits step in their litterbox too often should I be cleaning their paws? :oops:

No you’re okay, it’s only if they step in a puddle of wee sometimes they might get really smelly or stained, but if your litter tray is soaking it up that wont happen :)

Latest posts

Back