Dirty feet.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassidylangiano

Reaction score
Can I bath my bunny? He has white fur on his feet and recently it's gone dark dirty brown colour. I don't like it at all. I can't clean his feet without putting him in a bath....

Have you tried wiping him off with unscented baby wipes? I wiped my baby bunnies this morning when they tinkled in their box. Seemed to work OK. I've always wiped my chihuahuas when they got dirty or stinky and I didn't have time to bathe them right them.
But to answer you question, I don't think you are supposed to bathe bunnies ever. I believe it can put them in some kind of shock and I've also heard that some buns have died. I am definitely not an expert on rabbits, I'm just learning too, this is just what I have learned from my own reading.

Last edited:
You can give him a shallow foot bath if you like, an inch of water. Use warm water and a very small amount of pet or baby soap if you must, as long as you rinse off the bubbles very very thoroughly. Then dry him with a towel and put him in a warm room until his fur is dry.

Back