dirrhea and now pee is really dark

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fribble2110

Reaction score
Ok so i thought it might have been something she ate, like i posted down below but im not to sure anymore. I can here her munching on hay and she was drinking water, but now it seems like its more dirrhea then regular poop. I just throughly cleaned her caged and noticed it, and while i was cleaning she had dirrhea. When i moved her litter box i noticed the pee.. The picture makes it look like blood but i dont think it is, it was more dark orange then red. Now im going to the vet tomorrow. Could i just show him the photos and he could do something for me or do i need to physically bring her??

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

it does look like blood. Is she spayed? Could she be pregnant? I know that before our rabbit had her babies (about a day before) she had bloody looking urine.

honestly. She could be. She was a foster and she came out of a situation where there was 20 other rabbits. The rescue group said that she was pretty sure she wasnt pregnante :/ I really hope she isnt pregnante. My female just had an unexpected litter and i dont need two :(

Ok well i did clean it up. If i see another spot today ill do just that. Now i see some posts talking about some critical care. Would the vet give that to me if i told him about the situation. Im just trying to stay on the safe side with her. As you can tell i have never had a sick bunny before so im nervous

Sick bunnies are scary. I went threw two serious health scares in the last month. You can get the critical care from the vet and you should not need to have the bun seen for it. Its over the counter. I do think its a good idea to have your girl seen though asap and if she pee's again then do the test. Dark,red and even crystallized urine are fairly normal. But you always wanna be on the safe side.

Yes! I think i just might bring her to the vet tomorrow, the only problem is she is my foster right now and where the rescue group is about 2 hrs away from me and her vet is even further. I def want to see how she feels. She is eating and drinking fine. I keep checking up on her to see if she has anymore issues. Hasnt had anything since about 730am. Im also starting to think it might be the cage cleaner i used to clean up her messes. So today i just cleaned it with hot water. Hopefully that is what did it. I completely forgot that i had been using that to clean her cage! If she has anymore issues today im going to email the lady after work and just take her to the vet tomorrow. I dont want to scare the lady when there is no real issue to worry about.

About a year old. She isnt spayed yet. The woman im fostering her for told me that she thinks she isnt pregnate :/ She did come from a house with 20 other rabbits so I mean she could very possibly be.

I got her April 28 so not that long. I believe the woman rescued her a week before i got her. When i go to bet her she makes these really funny noises i really cant describe it. She like squish's her self together flattens her ears and makes that noise

ok thats what i thought so i just let her be. She has never made that noise before so i just left her alone. I put a blanket over one side of her cage to hopefully calm her down. Hopefully that does the trick

Latest posts

Back