Dilemma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
OK, I am going mad right now. I have been unsure about what to do as we are thinking of emigrating to NZ (where they won't let us take rabbits!). Well, the NZ thing is on hold at the moment and I don't know if we'll make it out there for a long while yet.

Soooo, I'm thinking of getting another bun. I have been searching the re-home sites for a French lop for ages now just thinking it was a pipe dream. BUT one has turned up and I have fallen in love with him just from the photo. I have the number to call the shelter so I can ask the usual questions about temperament, history if he has one, etc. But I haven't called yet because I have also just be asked to foster another bun - although this is only a maybe and I should have found out for sure yesterday but they haven't been in touch yet.

Dilemma is, I don't have room for both and I'm in two minds. I know that when French lops do appear for re-homing they are hard to re-home because of their size so this bun may have to stay for a long time at the shelter or worse still they may consider putting him down after a while. But then again, what will happen to the bun they want me to foster, same thing! Help, what should I do??

P.S.: I know the best thing to do is to buy a bigger house soI can have both! But we don't have the money to do that :(

If the foster does go through can you maybe call the shelter, explain your interest in the bun then your situation and asked them to give you a call if he does indeed get red-listed? That way, you could have some time looking for a new home for your foster but your bun in mind wont accidently put to sleep for it. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, that's a really good idea - it always takes a new set of eyes to come up with a solution. Thanks for the tip. I guess if the Frenchie is meant to be with me then he will :)

Back